Page 1 of 1

Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 05, 2006 3:19pm
by Cold Revolver
I Currently attend Westwood College for a bachelors of science, my degree focuses on Game Art and Design. I am a free lance game art artist looking for work I currently have 2 clients. If anyone is interested please contact me and we will discuss prices and look into your ideas. If any of you know anyone looking into getting a career in game art also contact me and ill set you up with a rep, please note that you must be at the correct age meaning able to attend college and such but you can start off early buy doing work your selves.

I am currently working on a world war Tank for a friend of mine, would anyone like to see it when its completed? Its a 3d model of low poly tank, I used zbrush and Photo shop cs2 to render out the skin (uvw map) and applied it to the 3d model. Please note that I do not do freebies unless im very interested because at the moment I am buisy with school and my new found job. Thanks.

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 05, 2006 3:37pm
by Cold Revolver
HAHA Is everyone scared? I supose everyone would rather play games instead of creating them? :-$

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 05, 2006 4:02pm
by zeros-content56
No Game creation is an awesome career! I didnt know that You worked In game art design tho lol. Well what r u waiting 4? Lets see the tank man!

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 05, 2006 8:48pm
by Twilight Night Wolf
lol that's what I'm thinking of going into I'm a pretty good artist and I'm working on a art major right now and might try going into game art design.

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 06, 2006 12:22am
by Cold Revolver
Twilight Wolf of Winter wrote:lol that's what I'm thinking of going into I'm a pretty good artist and I'm working on a art major right now and might try going into game art design.
Nice you will enjoy it, its a Multi billion dollar industry so I believe it to be a great career move., if you like art and games that is. I will post my tank soon, its almost done so keep an eye out.

It will be a textured 3d model of a world war 2 tank, I painted it so I will show the model before and after I textured it along with the uvw map (Skin). To tell you the truth im surprised, I thought this thread would be jumping since we have so many kids here interested in games, considering how popular this section of AA can be. But eh there loss. :)

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 06, 2006 10:06am
by Yuri Volte Hyuga
I'd love to do art designs for games as well as doing comics and maybe even animation.

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 06, 2006 5:46pm
by Fangoram the Shaman king
some is good
then again some sucks

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 06, 2006 5:49pm
by Twilight Night Wolf
Fang wrote:some is good
then again some sucks
I've also thought of going into animation or comics and I've also thought of becoming a writer too I'm pretty good at writing too but I like art a little better.

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 06, 2006 8:14pm
by forgottenone666
Yeah I'm currently taking computer programming classes so I can get into the game business but my true passion is game design so I figure I can work my way into a company as a programmer and then move up to a design position that way I can create the stories and characters and what not.

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 09, 2006 7:03pm
by Cold Revolver
I have been buisy with other things as well but I need to have my tank done by next week so those of you that " ARE INTERESTED" will see it sometime next week.

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 09, 2006 8:03pm
by Gravy-Train‽
I once made a game. It was called Gears of War. Perhaps you've heard of it?

Re: Game Artists.

Posted: Dec 09, 2006 8:42pm
by Cold Revolver
Gravy-Train wrote:I once made a game. It was called Gears of War. Perhaps you've heard of it?
Fantastic! Your a genius . Any thoughts on how I can walk in your foot steps? Great job on the visuals by the way, great game.


Gravy.