Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
What's with the buddy list?
What's with the buddy list?
I was wondering why people put other peoplr on their buddy list,it's not like they ever talked or somethin.I get messages,and it's always a message that somebody put me on their buddy list!And when I ask them why,they always say:I wanna have alot of buddies!I mean what for,why do you need so many buddies it's not like you know them or at least talk to them.It's stupid when people put me on the buddy list because they just want alot of buddies.I think that's shallow(sp?). 
-
Cloud Leonhart
- Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
- Posts: 11905
- Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
- Gender: Male
Re: What's with the buddy list?
Hah...I got like...30 people on mine, but I only talk to one on a regular basis.
I only add people because they add me.
Re: What's with the buddy list?
now that i think about it, what IS the point of the buddy list? you cant see anyone elses, and the only thing it really does is put that persons name 3 inches below where it was before when he/she is online
Re: What's with the buddy list?
Well, If a user is hidden you don't know if they are online unless they are on your buddy list XD
That's the only reason I can think of. Maybe to keep tabs about your friends from AA ??
That's the only reason I can think of. Maybe to keep tabs about your friends from AA ??
Apo ♥, Akki, Limbo, Wallaby, Rainmaker, Ender, Kiddo, Cherry, Panda*, Aoi, Sam & BikiButt
<3
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ♥ ~
I see nothing worse than to sail this universe without you ♥
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ♥ ~
I see nothing worse than to sail this universe without you ♥
Re: What's with the buddy list?
people actually do the hidden thing?
- Coin~operated Boy<3
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: Mar 15, 2006 3:46pm
- Gender: Male
Re: What's with the buddy list?
yeps. i dont realy get i mean, why would it be bad if someone seen you on. XD
Feel free to read my articles at http://hubpages.com/profile/ZackW.Van
Coments And rateings are very appreciated!
"Age is simply mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~ Mark Twain
Coments And rateings are very appreciated!
"Age is simply mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~ Mark Twain
Re: What's with the buddy list?
When you're hidden, no one knows what you're doing. Ooooh, spooky.
My head is filled with disease. My skin is begging you please.
I'm on my hands and knees. I want so much to believe.
Bambi <333
I'm on my hands and knees. I want so much to believe.
Bambi <333
Re: What's with the buddy list?
i guess you would want to be hidden
just by your username i know your address, phone number, name, and your password to every account you own on everything
thats why the hidden username option is there
just by your username i know your address, phone number, name, and your password to every account you own on everything
thats why the hidden username option is there
Re: What's with the buddy list?
Buddy lists are misused from time to time. I mean I've seen people use them just to seem popular. Like they'll add people even though they don't really like them. It's weird! I just like to add people I get along with and talk to. I don't believe we should get rid of the buddy list, I just think people shouldn't mis use it.
<b> Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Monkies are evil
And so are You! </b>
Violets are Blue
Monkies are evil
And so are You! </b>
Re: What's with the buddy list?
The buddy list thing is like the friends list on MySpace. People just want to have tons of names on it. I only put my AA siblings and friends on my buddy list.
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
-
Battousai The Manslayer
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4180
- Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
- Gender: Male
Re: What's with the buddy list?
Ditto
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Re: What's with the buddy list?
So far only women have attempted the pivelege of being added to my list.
It is a given scientific fact that the sexism gene is found only in the Y chromosome. You know, the chromosome that matters.
Re: What's with the buddy list?
The perpose of the buddy list is so the government can consume your soul.
About as much sense as the above sentance is the buddies thingy here. Sortof. Buddies list helps you PM thenm aster without having to remember how to spell their usernames. that about all i can add. If we could broadcast PM s to all our buddies, like to tell them all that you are leaving and not to worry or somethin`, that'd be useful. But i dunno.. .. ASK WEBMASTER! all who dare that is
*eerie music plays*
I'm hyper ^^
About as much sense as the above sentance is the buddies thingy here. Sortof. Buddies list helps you PM thenm aster without having to remember how to spell their usernames. that about all i can add. If we could broadcast PM s to all our buddies, like to tell them all that you are leaving and not to worry or somethin`, that'd be useful. But i dunno.. .. ASK WEBMASTER! all who dare that is
I'm hyper ^^
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
-
Black-Harmonia
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1660
- Joined: Apr 11, 2006 7:35pm
- Gender: Female
Re: What's with the buddy list?
It might be that people on your buddy list (usually mutual), whether you talk to them or not, are on more common terms with you then some random person who you've seen around here.
"My name is Apollo Justice and I'm fine!"
Hibari for president 2008!
Hibari for president 2008!
Re: What's with the buddy list?
so, you think its stupid when people are just trying to get more friends? =/
Ok, you don't know them, but like my friend said when we were on the last day on Fureai, she was copying people's msn from her friend's list and she said: ''well, i don't know them here, but ill know who they are when i add them and we talk on msn.''
even you don't talk with all them, maybe you can talk a lot someday.....
dxa d ser xata pow
Ok, you don't know them, but like my friend said when we were on the last day on Fureai, she was copying people's msn from her friend's list and she said: ''well, i don't know them here, but ill know who they are when i add them and we talk on msn.''
even you don't talk with all them, maybe you can talk a lot someday.....
dxa d ser xata pow
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~

