Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy
Hello gamers.
I've never played a final fantasy game before, but I'm quite keen on playing one. I enjoy most RPGs that I play.
Which version should I begin playing? Are all the games part of one huge storyline or do they tell individual stories like the Zelda games?
Where do I start to start playing these games?!
thank you
I've never played a final fantasy game before, but I'm quite keen on playing one. I enjoy most RPGs that I play.
Which version should I begin playing? Are all the games part of one huge storyline or do they tell individual stories like the Zelda games?
Where do I start to start playing these games?!
thank you
tonyboy17
-
Cold Revolver
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 3369
- Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Final Fantasy
Fantastic Thread amigo, you can call me cold, although I am not so cold, I have a deep warm hearted soul that bears many pudding snacks. Anyways...
Let us discuss the nature of the world, AA, that being the majority of AA would instantly tell you to Play Final Fantasy 7 but since your dealing with me I can honestly let you know that you should start with FF4 and go from there because it only gets better. The first 3 were great as well though not many could say they have played through them.
My personal favorite is 6 and my all time favorite is VIII. Squall Leonheart is one hell of a bad ass, he is capable of many feats especially when he goes limit break on yur arse, Not to mention his gunblade rocks. in closure I would recommend VIII. It can be easier to play than FF7, but the game has this neat system that makes the monsters you encounter stronger, meaning the stronger you are the stronger the monsters will become. That is my advice in a semi long nut shell. Enjoy.
Let us discuss the nature of the world, AA, that being the majority of AA would instantly tell you to Play Final Fantasy 7 but since your dealing with me I can honestly let you know that you should start with FF4 and go from there because it only gets better. The first 3 were great as well though not many could say they have played through them.
My personal favorite is 6 and my all time favorite is VIII. Squall Leonheart is one hell of a bad ass, he is capable of many feats especially when he goes limit break on yur arse, Not to mention his gunblade rocks. in closure I would recommend VIII. It can be easier to play than FF7, but the game has this neat system that makes the monsters you encounter stronger, meaning the stronger you are the stronger the monsters will become. That is my advice in a semi long nut shell. Enjoy.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
-
Cloud Leonhart
- Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
- Posts: 11905
- Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
- Gender: Male
Re: Final Fantasy
I started with X, personally, though you should go with Cold's advice and go with VIII. 
Re: Final Fantasy
10 (X) is the best, 8 (VIII) Comes Second, 7 (VII) Is next, 10-2 (X-2) Is great too ^^. That ones if you like to see Cute Girls Changing clothes half way through a battle!
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
-
Pink Supervisor|EL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 5579
- Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Final Fantasy
lol the music and the fact it's three girls only that drive X-2
I like FF 5, or the US relase FF2, FFX, and FF7
I like FF 5, or the US relase FF2, FFX, and FF7
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
-
Ethereal Blaze
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4510
- Joined: Jun 16, 2005 4:02am
- Gender: Male
Re: Final Fantasy
NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PLAY 10-2!!!!!
ok, here's a good idea.
start with Final Fantasy 4. if you download yourself a Snes Emulator (preferrably Z-Snes) and the AMERICAN version (this may come under the name of Final Fantasy II) as its easier for beginners to the series. this is the only way to start.
once done, you move up to the PS1 favourite universally, 7. this game is much overhyped, and for some reasons, isnt worth it. however, the gameplay is very simple, and very similar to 4. the only difference is Materia. basically magic crystals you equip to weapons and armour for various spells or effects.
then, i reccomend 8. this is very different than the aforementioned, as there is no front or back row, and you have no MP, and no equpiment. kinda tricky to explain on such a short time span.
Final Fantasy 9 is another good one for beginners. it also has one of my favourite ways of learning skill, through weapons and armour. but, as a story, it is very poor.
then i would back track to Final Fantasy 6, which is one of the hardest FF's i have played. the way you learn spells is a mix between your summoned creatures (Espers) and through levels. each character has unique specials abilities, and is one of the last final fantasies to use this feature. a real gem.
move on forward to the all round best, 10. visually amazing, stunning soundtrack, and a pretty clichéd but well thought out story. this game has hundreds of hours of play should you wanna 100% the game. a beauty, and a must have.
phew... i'm beat... but, one more.
although NOT a final fantasy, it is made by the same (ish) company. Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time (PS2) This is the last good game Square-Enix has done. nay, THE ONLY GOD GAME SE HAVE DONE. worth the money, an all round hard game.
and this is coming from a die hard Square fan. DOWN WITH ENIX!!!!
ok, here's a good idea.
start with Final Fantasy 4. if you download yourself a Snes Emulator (preferrably Z-Snes) and the AMERICAN version (this may come under the name of Final Fantasy II) as its easier for beginners to the series. this is the only way to start.
once done, you move up to the PS1 favourite universally, 7. this game is much overhyped, and for some reasons, isnt worth it. however, the gameplay is very simple, and very similar to 4. the only difference is Materia. basically magic crystals you equip to weapons and armour for various spells or effects.
then, i reccomend 8. this is very different than the aforementioned, as there is no front or back row, and you have no MP, and no equpiment. kinda tricky to explain on such a short time span.
Final Fantasy 9 is another good one for beginners. it also has one of my favourite ways of learning skill, through weapons and armour. but, as a story, it is very poor.
then i would back track to Final Fantasy 6, which is one of the hardest FF's i have played. the way you learn spells is a mix between your summoned creatures (Espers) and through levels. each character has unique specials abilities, and is one of the last final fantasies to use this feature. a real gem.
move on forward to the all round best, 10. visually amazing, stunning soundtrack, and a pretty clichéd but well thought out story. this game has hundreds of hours of play should you wanna 100% the game. a beauty, and a must have.
phew... i'm beat... but, one more.
although NOT a final fantasy, it is made by the same (ish) company. Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time (PS2) This is the last good game Square-Enix has done. nay, THE ONLY GOD GAME SE HAVE DONE. worth the money, an all round hard game.
and this is coming from a die hard Square fan. DOWN WITH ENIX!!!!
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Re: Final Fantasy
The first I ever played was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I later played Final Fantasy 1&2 Dawn of Souls. Then I played Final Fantasy 3 DS.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
-
Jamie Madrox
- Dragon Master Otaku
- Posts: 460
- Joined: Aug 20, 2007 7:27am
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Final Fantasy
i started with seven
then went to 1,2 and 4 for the GBA
then played 8&9 for the ps
and went to 5&6 for the snes
then came 10 and x-2
now im on xii and love it
if u have time to kill final fantasy is the best way to go
but i say
start with the 1rst and work your way up
then went to 1,2 and 4 for the GBA
then played 8&9 for the ps
and went to 5&6 for the snes
then came 10 and x-2
now im on xii and love it
if u have time to kill final fantasy is the best way to go
but i say
start with the 1rst and work your way up
most nights i lie awake in bed... gazing upon the stars.
untill i realize and wonder....?
where the hell is my roof???
untill i realize and wonder....?
where the hell is my roof???
Re: Final Fantasy
I assume you aren't including FF3 DS in that. You can only save on the world map in that game.kakashiFE wrote: if u have time to kill final fantasy is the best way to go
but i say
start with the 1rst and work your way up
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Re: Final Fantasy
Thanks for all your suggestions! I read up on some reviews too.
And I've made the decision that I'm going to go with Final Fantasy 4 first!
Omega...as you've played 3 on DS do you think thats a good platform for the game? Because Number 4 is coming out on DS soon...and I have a DS
And I've made the decision that I'm going to go with Final Fantasy 4 first!
Omega...as you've played 3 on DS do you think thats a good platform for the game? Because Number 4 is coming out on DS soon...and I have a DS
tonyboy17
-
Ethereal Blaze
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4510
- Joined: Jun 16, 2005 4:02am
- Gender: Male
Re: Final Fantasy
good man for starting on 4.
i have my reservations on the DS ones, because they changed the graphics on 3 DS. you cant beat the retro sprites. they are so much fun. ^_^
i have my reservations on the DS ones, because they changed the graphics on 3 DS. you cant beat the retro sprites. they are so much fun. ^_^
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
-
drake dragon lord
- Mobile Suit Otaku
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Apr 16, 2007 4:46pm
Re: Final Fantasy
go with 8 that was the first one i played and it was the best my seconed would be 12 i like the new battle system
I will eat you if you don't bring me my broad swords
Re: Final Fantasy
Yes, the DS is a good platform.D4rk wrote:Thanks for all your suggestions! I read up on some reviews too.
And I've made the decision that I'm going to go with Final Fantasy 4 first!
Omega...as you've played 3 on DS do you think thats a good platform for the game? Because Number 4 is coming out on DS soon...and I have a DS
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
-
Robbie Hendrix
- Dragon Master Otaku
- Posts: 469
- Joined: Jun 20, 2007 6:52pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Final Fantasy
I started with 10 then 7, and worked my way down to 3 and 4, 4 not a bad choice but Id start out with a playstation version first myself.
-
Cold Revolver
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 3369
- Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Final Fantasy
No way, go with the original.Hallow Ichigo wrote:Yes, the DS is a good platform.D4rk wrote:Thanks for all your suggestions! I read up on some reviews too.
And I've made the decision that I'm going to go with Final Fantasy 4 first!
Omega...as you've played 3 on DS do you think thats a good platform for the game? Because Number 4 is coming out on DS soon...and I have a DS
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
-
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 7355
- Joined: Jan 03, 2005 7:25pm
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: Final Fantasy
I started with VIII when I was in fourth grade, mainly because I wanted to play VII since all my friends were going nuts about it - but it was sold out and I got VIII instead.
Turns out all my friends liked it better! xD
Start with any of them. I love the entire series really.
Turns out all my friends liked it better! xD
Start with any of them. I love the entire series really.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
and swear to a love that will not fade.
