Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

how do i make a website?

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Locked
User avatar
keroppi
Baka Otaku
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 27, 2007 9:08pm

how do i make a website?

Post by keroppi »

when i looked on memberslist i noticed some people had a website and i was wondering how do i make one?
User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Hardcore »

This thread needs to be moved, or just locked. I'm notifying a moderator.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Cold Revolver »

Lust. wrote:This thread needs to be moved, or just locked. I'm notifying a moderator.
:?
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Gaming Goddess »

how do you SHUT UP? Idiot.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Hardcore »

That's Rude.. and why aren't any mods on?
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 4180
Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
Gender: Male

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

keroppi wrote:when i looked on memberslist i noticed some people had a website and i was wondering how do i make one?
It doesn't have to be anything elaborate. It can be a myspace, facebook, or photobucket account.
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Hardcore »

Alright now that the thread is moved... The only way I know to make an actual website, excluding above, is freewebs.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Vash
Uber Otaku
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 22, 2005 3:22am
Gender: Male

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Vash »

Lust. wrote:That's Rude.. and why aren't any mods on?
I presume it's because at least some of them has something called a life outside the internet.
Anner <3
\,,/
Dreams
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 652
Joined: Aug 13, 2006 12:17am

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Dreams »

There's other free hosts besides Freewebs (which I would strongly suggest not using; I left them in 2002 because their server installed spyware on my computer).

You can check out Geocities, Bravenet, Weebly, Angelfire, or Spruz. There's also community pages, like Sensui mentioned: MySpace, Facebook, MyOtaku, WetPaint, LiveJournal... etc. These are all very easy to use; they'll give you templates or things to fill out and do the rest of the work for you.

Of course, the problem with free web hosts is that there are lots of limits, and usually ads all over your pages. Eventually, if you can learn basic HTML coding, you can find better hosts like Graffiti.net (free) that have more to offer and no ads.

And then there's the final step of learning Flash and all kinds of code, buying a domain, setting up your own forum and oekaki, and putting 15 of your websites online. @_@ At which point you'll be driven insane updating them all. Not that I'd know that personally... *cough*
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female

Re: how do i make a website?

Post by Hardcore »

Vash wrote:
Lust. wrote:That's Rude.. and why aren't any mods on?
I presume it's because at least some of them has something called a life outside the internet.
Well Vash... I hope they do.. I'm sure 95+% of people on here do. But it's bad when they're not on for a week straight.. but I guess I can't infer that because I'm not always on, myself.

Also.. sorry for spamming this application. Continue.. Vash if you're going to say anything else to me, please PM.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Locked