Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Game Artists.

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Locked

Interested in Game art?

Somewhat
0
No votes
Yes
0
No votes
Very Interested
2
100%
Where can I sign up?
0
No votes
No freaken way..
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 2

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Game Artists.

Post by Cold Revolver »

I Currently attend Westwood College for a bachelors of science, my degree focuses on Game Art and Design. I am a free lance game art artist looking for work I currently have 2 clients. If anyone is interested please contact me and we will discuss prices and look into your ideas. If any of you know anyone looking into getting a career in game art also contact me and ill set you up with a rep, please note that you must be at the correct age meaning able to attend college and such but you can start off early buy doing work your selves.

I am currently working on a world war Tank for a friend of mine, would anyone like to see it when its completed? Its a 3d model of low poly tank, I used zbrush and Photo shop cs2 to render out the skin (uvw map) and applied it to the 3d model. Please note that I do not do freebies unless im very interested because at the moment I am buisy with school and my new found job. Thanks.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Cold Revolver »

HAHA Is everyone scared? I supose everyone would rather play games instead of creating them? :-$
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
zeros-content56
Ex-Moderator
Posts: 156
Joined: Jul 16, 2005 3:45pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Game Artists.

Post by zeros-content56 »

No Game creation is an awesome career! I didnt know that You worked In game art design tho lol. Well what r u waiting 4? Lets see the tank man!
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

lol that's what I'm thinking of going into I'm a pretty good artist and I'm working on a art major right now and might try going into game art design.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Cold Revolver »

Twilight Wolf of Winter wrote:lol that's what I'm thinking of going into I'm a pretty good artist and I'm working on a art major right now and might try going into game art design.
Nice you will enjoy it, its a Multi billion dollar industry so I believe it to be a great career move., if you like art and games that is. I will post my tank soon, its almost done so keep an eye out.

It will be a textured 3d model of a world war 2 tank, I painted it so I will show the model before and after I textured it along with the uvw map (Skin). To tell you the truth im surprised, I thought this thread would be jumping since we have so many kids here interested in games, considering how popular this section of AA can be. But eh there loss. :)
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 307
Joined: Nov 25, 2005 10:14am
Gender: Male

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Yuri Volte Hyuga »

I'd love to do art designs for games as well as doing comics and maybe even animation.
PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
MVC3: X-23/Trish/Dante, SSF4: Viper, Juri, Cammy
Fangoram the Shaman king
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 361
Joined: Nov 26, 2005 10:07am

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Fangoram the Shaman king »

some is good
then again some sucks
I JUST WILL NOT STAY DEAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Fang wrote:some is good
then again some sucks
I've also thought of going into animation or comics and I've also thought of becoming a writer too I'm pretty good at writing too but I like art a little better.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
forgottenone666
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 194
Joined: Dec 15, 2005 1:40am
Gender: Male

Re: Game Artists.

Post by forgottenone666 »

Yeah I'm currently taking computer programming classes so I can get into the game business but my true passion is game design so I figure I can work my way into a company as a programmer and then move up to a design position that way I can create the stories and characters and what not.
The Reaper is always a step behind me...
-Shadow
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.- Sun-tzu
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Cold Revolver »

I have been buisy with other things as well but I need to have my tank done by next week so those of you that " ARE INTERESTED" will see it sometime next week.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Gravy-Train‽
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 213
Joined: Oct 11, 2006 1:59pm
Gender: Male

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Gravy-Train‽ »

I once made a game. It was called Gears of War. Perhaps you've heard of it?
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Game Artists.

Post by Cold Revolver »

Gravy-Train wrote:I once made a game. It was called Gears of War. Perhaps you've heard of it?
Fantastic! Your a genius . Any thoughts on how I can walk in your foot steps? Great job on the visuals by the way, great game.


Gravy.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Locked