American Gangster

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
Bovinagina
Visitor

American Gangster

Post by Bovinagina »

What did you think of it?

I'm watching it at the moment and Russel Crowe's preformance is pretty aweful. It's down right pityful.

Great movie, happy Crowe's not in it too terribly often, and my dad thinks the best thing about the movie is that there is a '69 Dodge A-100 van/truck in it. He's a little obsessed with them. :roll:
Mik3

Re: American Gangster

Post by Mik3 »

Denzel Washington did his best performance ever in this movie. Only training day comes close.
I remembered my password.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I loved the movie, on of my favorites, Denzel is one of my favorite actors
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

I liked when Denzel's character was slamming his cousin in the piano, then it ended with that sickening crunch! I was all "Duuuuuuude"
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Bovinagina
Visitor

Post by Bovinagina »

Nice GG. Yeah Denzel's preformance was amazing. The only other preformance that I really liked was in Remember the Titans.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Bovinagina wrote:Nice GG. Yeah Denzel's preformance was amazing. The only other preformance that I really liked was in Remember the Titans.
Remember the Titans was the only other movie of his you liked?

Denzel was awesome in Training Day, JohnQ, The Hurricane, The Bone Collector, Man On Fire, Out of Time, Crimson Tide, The Manchurian Candidate......the list goes on Denzel Washington is one of the best actors out there and his performance in American Gangster was top notch, I think he is perfect for the movie.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I don't think there is anybody else that could have done as good as he did.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
brightparis
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by brightparis »

I watched this movie and its really good and quite entertaining.
Bovinagina
Visitor

Post by Bovinagina »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
Bovinagina wrote:Nice GG. Yeah Denzel's preformance was amazing. The only other preformance that I really liked was in Remember the Titans.
Remember the Titans was the only other movie of his you liked?

Denzel was awesome in Training Day, JohnQ, The Hurricane, The Bone Collector, Man On Fire, Out of Time, Crimson Tide, The Manchurian Candidate......the list goes on Denzel Washington is one of the best actors out there and his performance in American Gangster was top notch, I think he is perfect for the movie.
well it's the only other one that i could think of, besids the fact that i've watched it recently. (dogs having a spasm..brb.) okay. but anyways i like The Manchurian Candidate and Man On Fire. I'm hoping to see Training Day soon.