Romance

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.
SASSZAIN

Re: Romance

Post by SASSZAIN »

whereas females usually have smaller, more intimate groups.

that is srsly the next line in the textbook. see? *points to psychology textbook*
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Mai

Post by Mai »

The man I fell deeply in attraction to was more of a lone wolf then the aforementioned. More like a wolf in sheep skin (no pun intended). It is he who makes me realize who I am at times and how dispelling the truth is. I am weak and bitter, but I like it that way. There doesn't seem to be much room for romance in my life.

In any event, I am more focused on schooling and motherhood rather than something so self destructive as emotions that play with the heart and mind.

Maybe I'm just crazy. Oh as a side note.. I don't have a close inner circle of friends. I am a recluse/hermit crap to a fault.
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Athos

Post by Athos »

Well, some people prefer a monastic life. I'm much more of the wining n' dining type if you catch my drift. I love being around people; however, I really wish I'd start dating. I feel like I'd be more like my age instead of being just a guy who acts like a 40 year old (as a lot of people but my in my category). Then again, it is in my nature to by extremely loyal to a woman. So, if I were to date, I wouldn't be fickle. I keep my hopes up, but I do not want to end up like those guys I saw in that documentary of people who end up having a romance with dolls. One gent always wanted to get married but never found anyone. Ended up ordering tons of dolls (which run like over $500 a pop). He dresses them up, takes them on holiday, takes photos with them in places, and even talks to them over dinner.

Haha. Sazz, well yeah I'd say that's right. I've never taken psychology and probably never will.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

Athos wrote:Well, some people prefer a monastic life. I'm much more of the wining n' dining type if you catch my drift. I love being around people; however, I really wish I'd start dating. I feel like I'd be more like my age instead of being just a guy who acts like a 40 year old (as a lot of people but my in my category). Then again, it is in my nature to by extremely loyal to a woman. So, if I were to date, I wouldn't be fickle. I keep my hopes up, but I do not want to end up like those guys I saw in that documentary of people who end up having a romance with dolls. One gent always wanted to get married but never found anyone. Ended up ordering tons of dolls (which run like over $500 a pop). He dresses them up, takes them on holiday, takes photos with them in places, and even talks to them over dinner.

Haha. Sazz, well yeah I'd say that's right. I've never taken psychology and probably never will.

I feel like there's some kind of Sod's law when it comes to dating. For about a year I dated tons of guys, all of them more annoying then the one before. One turned out to be homeless, when we first dated he defined it as "a professonal house sitter." Then I dated another guy who had his shrink call him in the middle of the date, and he took the call and they discussed how he owed him thousands of dollars from visits(afterawards he told me he was poor and asked me to buy him a coffee). Then I dated some hippie with a soulpatch,but he was a douche (I should have known better not to trust someone with a soul patch). Ohh my favorite was some creepy otaku dude who told me he likes to watch hentai on his phone at work, and invited me to his house on the first date "to watch this awesomely funny portal video which didn't format on his phone properly." Needless to say, I didn't have an overwhelming urge to be date raped, so I turned him down (and split the bill for dinner which he initially offered to take me out, but then got pissed because I didn't want to go home and watch "portal" videos with him). I also dated a girl for awhile but that's another story for another day XD.

Why did I cover the abridged series of my terrible dating life for a year? Basically to say that dating sucks in general. Don't come on too strong, and you should be fine. I actually ended up dating one of my best friends who I met from having mutual interests. I think thats really the best way. Find someone you have something in common with and ask them out, or do something that you feel passonate about and make friends and then ask them out.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Uta wrote: I feel like there's some kind of Sod's law when it comes to dating. For about a year I dated tons of guys, all of them more annoying then the one before. One turned out to be homeless, when we first dated he defined it as "a professonal house sitter." Then I dated another guy who had his shrink call him in the middle of the date, and he took the call and they discussed how he owed him thousands of dollars from visits(afterawards he told me he was poor and asked me to buy him a coffee). Then I dated some hippie with a soulpatch,but he was a douche (I should have known better not to trust someone with a soul patch). Ohh my favorite was some creepy otaku dude who told me he likes to watch hentai on his phone at work, and invited me to his house on the first date "to watch this awesomely funny portal video which didn't format on his phone properly." Needless to say, I didn't have an overwhelming urge to be date raped, so I turned him down (and split the bill for dinner which he initially offered to take me out, but then got pissed because I didn't want to go home and watch "portal" videos with him). I also dated a girl for awhile but that's another story for another day XD.
That was a very entertaining story. And it ended on a cliff hanger. =D>
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Uta wrote: I feel like there's some kind of Sod's law when it comes to dating. For about a year I dated tons of guys, all of them more annoying then the one before. One turned out to be homeless, when we first dated he defined it as "a professonal house sitter." Then I dated another guy who had his shrink call him in the middle of the date, and he took the call and they discussed how he owed him thousands of dollars from visits(afterawards he told me he was poor and asked me to buy him a coffee). Then I dated some hippie with a soulpatch,but he was a douche (I should have known better not to trust someone with a soul patch). Ohh my favorite was some creepy otaku dude who told me he likes to watch hentai on his phone at work, and invited me to his house on the first date "to watch this awesomely funny portal video which didn't format on his phone properly." Needless to say, I didn't have an overwhelming urge to be date raped, so I turned him down (and split the bill for dinner which he initially offered to take me out, but then got pissed because I didn't want to go home and watch "portal" videos with him). I also dated a girl for awhile but that's another story for another day XD.
That was a very entertaining story. And it ended on a cliff hanger. =D>
Meh, the only difference between dating chicks and dudes is that chicks they tend to smell better.
Athos

Post by Athos »

>_> So guys. Should wear. Cologne?
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

XD Just take showers on a regular basis and you should be fine.
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

XD Just take showers on a regular basis and you should be fine.
Athos

Post by Athos »

XD Who doesn't shower on a regular basis! And look, Axe has that new thing to clean our balls!
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

Athos wrote:XD Who doesn't shower on a regular basis! And look, Axe has that new thing to clean our balls!
XD All I'm going to say is that you should try to be ready for anything. Crazy stuff has gone down in elevators, rooftops, and one time in a movie theater, but ballsweat kinda runined it. Also cologne is great, but don't go over board. My personal preference is none, but it varies from person to person. Just make sure you don't put enough on to smell like a Persian truck driver.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

crazy stuff like that never happens for me :(
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

SASSZAIN wrote:crazy stuff like that never happens for me :(
XD I was a wayward youth. I would like to think I have reformed somewhat. Just find a crazy chick.

Just as a note: the crazy stuff wasn't with random people XDD I would hate for my personal character to be blemished more than it already is.
Athos

Post by Athos »

>______> *does background check*

I use cologne, just enough to make me smell GEWD.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Uta wrote:XD Just take showers on a regular basis and you should be fine.
You ask for too much.
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

Athos wrote:>______> *does background check*

I use cologne, just enough to make me smell GEWD.
XD You won't find anything on a background check because of my stealthy ninja skillz.

And cologne in moderation is fine. I believe smell is the strongest memory trigger. O.~

@Dretlin: XD Do you at least wear a kilt to air things out?