Vegita's Hair...

The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Vegita's Hair...

Post by The PyroKitie »

Alright, it's been a while since I watched DBZ on TV so I don't quite remember...But, I bought the DVD season one and two the other day (can't wait for three to come out. ^^) and the first episode that Vegeta appears in is the one where Raditz dies and the information about the dragonballs is sent to Vegeta and Nappa.

Alright...in that scene, when Vegeta is first seen...his hair and eyebrows are a very visibly red color. Also, on the cover of the season one box is Vegeta and his hair is red-purple. But the way I remember Vegeta is with black hair...

I also remember some time in the series that Vegeta says a pure blood Saiyan is born with the hair they will keep, so is it possible for him to have all three colors of hair? Or did someone mess up with the coloring?

I know it's a silly question, but I really would like to know.

~Pyro
"It is not enough to conquer, one must know how to seduce." ~Voltaire.

***Forgive me. I have terrible spelling and no spell checker. V_V I have firefox at home, but not on my work system.***
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku

Re: Vegita's Hair...

Post by Yuri Volte Hyuga »

Yeah, Vegeta's hair changes from brown to black. As far as I know, there isn't an explanation but this sort of thing happens in anime.
PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
MVC3: X-23/Trish/Dante, SSF4: Viper, Juri, Cammy
Brittle Bullet
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Brittle Bullet »

It's just coloring. They must've changed it sometime between sagas.
Perception is Reality.

What's left of my life flashes before my eyes; I stare at the darkness that awaits me. I fight it off with all my might in hopes that someday I may return to the light.
The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by The PyroKitie »

That's odd since I remember an episode somewhere in there someone askes about haircuts and Vegeta says that Saiyans are born with the hair they keep. So it's odd that they would choose to say that knowing that Vegeta's hair changes colors like that. >.< Silly people.

***Forgive me. I have terrible spelling and no spell checker. V_V I have firefox at home, but not on my work system.***
Yomieko_Sesshra
Uber Otaku

Post by Yomieko_Sesshra »

That grumpy sayan... Does the color change? oo; I hadn't noticed...
With one kiss upon your neck our souls will be entwined together in darkness forever...
"My heart belongs to the one I love and the one I love shall never know...:cry:" ~Dragonheart~
The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by The PyroKitie »

Yes it does. In the first episode he is in, it is a very viably Redish color. Then it changes from that to brown to black through out the series. So does his uniform. Almost all their uniforms are blue in color, the under layer of it, but in the first episode he's in the uniform is almost the same color as his hair. >.<

Silly me, I notice stupid things like that.

Robbie Hendrix
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Robbie Hendrix »

I think the reason they said that is when gohan got a hair cut bulma says something like, I dont remeber you ever getting a hair cut then vegeta explains why full blood saiyans hair never grow from when there born.
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

Post by Happy Chikkie Ron ^^ »

I am watching the first series and in that one, his hair is Black..I dont know why..but ya, he really resembles a lot like Ash ketchum of Pokemon..dunno.
Brittle Bullet
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Brittle Bullet »

Vegeta doesn't look like Ash... Teen Gohan does a little bit, but not much.

I think it was just the space pod Vegeta was in. Those things have a red, semi-clear front, so that may have tinted the light. And Vegeta's hair gets smaller and smaller during the series, and it gets very short in GT. But GT doesn't count in my opinion.
Perception is Reality.

What's left of my life flashes before my eyes; I stare at the darkness that awaits me. I fight it off with all my might in hopes that someday I may return to the light.
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

Post by Happy Chikkie Ron ^^ »

Hmm...he looks like ash to me..but thats just my opinion. Maybe why I find him like ash is becoz the one who dubs for ash in our language is the same guy who dubs for vegeta.
The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by The PyroKitie »

GT shouldn't count for anything...and no, it's not the space pod. The first scene that Vegeta is in is after Raditz dies. Him and Nappa are sitting on some other planet and Vetega's hair is very red. And on the cover of the DVD box it's more purple/black.

I understand how his hair gets seemingly shorter, they finally made his body a bit more proportionate. The more DBZ goes on, the more equal his body gets. At first his hair and legs are just way to long for how small his torso is.

He doesn't look like Ash...

Dreams

Post by Dreams »

No, no. I remember the light brown hair too. In the Planet Arlia episode. Their armor was brightly colored too.

Proof

The changing hair color was definitely just an art thing, with no significance to the series.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by The PyroKitie »

I know there is probably no significance to the series...I just like making conversation with things like this. ^^ I was just confused by it when I first saw it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Living in memories wrote:Hmm...he looks like ash to me..but thats just my opinion. Maybe why I find him like ash is becoz the one who dubs for ash in our language is the same guy who dubs for vegeta.
What language are you talking about?
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Animefan101
Master Otaku

Post by Animefan101 »

..yeah..it does change to brown..but i guess it happens :-k
""Live your life with arms wide open, Treat yourself with words unspoken, Today is, where your book begins, And the rest is still unwritten.""
BLiTZ_cro
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by BLiTZ_cro »

Its just silly mistake...
Later they forgot his hair was brown ](*,)