19%
No opinion
No votes

Total votes: 21

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application Aoi Sakuraba

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

If the joke were to "severely" insult or hurt another then I'd put an end to it and lock the thread.

If I misunderstood your meaning it is because the wording was not proper for the context....you said this: "What will you do to
completely neutralize these and prevent them?" when referring to me having a few bad moments. Your choice of the words "completely neutralize" is why I misunderstood what you said, sorry.

If I were to have an outburst that offended someone or hurt another member I'd send a PM with an apology.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Ah, well, nobody's perfect right? I screw up sometimes. We all do. No need to apologize.

You're answers are very good, but I'm still not voting yet. Though you have given me a good insight, I'm just not totally convinced yet. Trust me, it need only take a few primes examples on your part to set my vote straight. In the mean time, I'll be paying attention to the posts you make. Good luck, Aoi-san.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Wow, got some heavy-hitters here. Seems like the members are really cracking down on these mod apps nowadays. I remember back in the day when it was a joyous endeavor rather than boot camp. But enough of my babble.

I don't know you, nor have we ever properly met, so this is coming on a complete unbiased standpoint. I have no obligation to make a good first impression or to take it easy for the sake of a good friend. On that note, I will feel no sorrow from ripping your campaign a new one ^^ It's a shame it's so damn good that you won't allow me to.

You're still pretty new. Fortunately for you, I don't really see how it's relevant when you joined. Maybe if it was yesterday I'd speak up, but you seem legit. It's not the date joined I'm concerned about, rather than the activity since that time. Your post count is pretty high, and upon looking at your most recent posts, I see they're not spam just to boost post count. You have my Kudos on that.

I see you around quite a bit and do see you posting in a lot of the different threads, telling me you know your way around. That also tells me you're familiar with many of the boards locals, even those that only stick to one or two of the subforums.

Your spelling and grammar is excellent. There's nothing I can't stand more than someone who won't take the time to write out something to make it more legible. Your posts show thought. Your vocabulary also seems vast, which is completely hott.

Aside from the 'newness card' that I'm sure will plague you until this thread is done and over with, I'd say you're mod material. I can tell you took your time writing this up, and that's always a good first step. You have my vote!
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Wow......You've really made an impression on me Slash, thank you very much for the excellent post you put a lot into it.

I'm usually on everyday so if you see me in the chat or just around the forum send me a PM and we can get to know each other more.

Thanks for the vote.
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

Hello, my name is Mitsuka

Reasons for Applying:
A nice and simple Introduction, that’s good, well in my option it is.
I believe that I am more than active enough to be online when someone has a problem, and will attempt to solve those problems to the best of my ability.
Yes, you are very active I see you allot around these days, and that’s good if you want to become a Moderator. What if it involves racism or something in which happened before you joined up?
I realize that moderators are supposed to set a good example for other members to follow. I also realize these "examples" we set will and often come under fire.

That’s good, in haven’t heard this before in a Moderator application, I have been seeing some very bad moderating lately. And you’ll put that straight.

I have a large sense of right and wrong, and always attempt to do the right thing without being too tough or too lenient.
I see, but sometimes you have to be rough, if the person is consistent, However, what if it’s one of your bests friends?
I am very friendly and love talking to others. Any person can talk to me and become a friend.
Yes, I have noticed this though PM’s you are a good person to talk to, :D
I try my best to be kind and curtious to everyone I meet, as well as use the best spelling and grammar I possibly can.
I think that I am mature and intelligent enough to handle the moderator power without abusing them.
Of corse you are, I can’t see you abusing the power.
I try my best to browse the forum and chat as a whole. I post pretty much everywhere and try to look at the new topics as much as I can, even if I don't post in a thread I try to at least read them.
Yet again, I have not seen this mentioned in a Moderator Application before. And it is good that you scan the board over to pick out little things, this also stops small stuff from spreading.
*Regardless of your vote whether it be: yes, no, or no opinion, please explain why you chose it so that I may better myself in those areas.

Thank you very much for reading my moderator application, and I look forward to everyones votes and posts.
Nice ending, well an overall or overview would be nice about here.

I say it could have been longer, but there is no need, you fitted allot in just few lines, I like that. Because it does not give me too much to read, (However it does not make me lazy.). Some Applications just go on and on about a load of rubbish is in which is irrelevant. You got to the point and that’s what so good.

Ok, I’m tried so it’s 11PM here.

I vote ‘Yes’. :D

Have a good day ~Commander Sparx~
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Thanks Sparxy

Can some of the "no" voters post some reasons?
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

First of all, I realize you're an extremely intelligent person.
I haven't known you for too long, but from what I could tell from being in chat and on the forums, you're MUCH smarter than I first thought you were.
I think you have somewhat of a hard time in the humor department, though you're getting better. :D
As your friend, I would say wait a couple more months, then make another.
You're relatively new here. Let people get to know you better before they vote. :wink:
I believe you have great mod potential, but I'm going to hold off on voting for now.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Thanks Sparxy

Well my personal opinion is that, the people who voted no are people who voted without a reason and didn't even read your application.
Last edited by Commander Sparx on Feb 16, 2008 2:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Commander Sparx wrote:

Well my personal opinion is that, the people who voted no are people who voted without a reason and didn't even red your application.
Agreed, but don't worry about it.
Everyone has voters that don't post reasons. :roll:
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:
Commander Sparx wrote:

Well my personal opinion is that, the people who voted no are people who voted without a reason and didn't even red your application.
Agreed, but don't worry about it.
Everyone has voters that don't post reasons. :roll:
Therefore they will not be counted once Webmaster see's this discussion.:D.

Good luck Aoi!
x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

You made another, eh? Well, I would wait a couple more months before making another one. Wait, oh say.. 2-3 months. Me and you can apply again at that time. I voted "No Opinion" Because I didn't wanna say no or yes.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I apologize for moving this topic, I was trying to move a different application but clicked on the wrong one.
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

webmaster wrote:I apologize for moving this topic, I was trying to move a different application but clicked on the wrong one.
thats alright dude.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Sakura_Haruno_x
Baka Otaku

Post by Sakura_Haruno_x »

Actually, you don't deserve to be a mod. =[ Take for example my topic about the Mods. You flamed at me, you don't deserve to be a Mod at all, period. =] You flamed at my buddies from a better forum than this, you will pay.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

To Sakura.

Stop this rampage; you are digging yourself a deep hole. If you want this sorted then talk to people calmly, in the manner you are using now no one will listen but only flame.
Sakura_Haruno_x
Baka Otaku

Post by Sakura_Haruno_x »

Nah.

This is so funny, fighting with these dimwits. They don't know how a real forum is run.

Moderators need to be mature, not no [censored] 13 year old babies. Until the age for applying to be a Mod goes up, i will continue this.