Maiden or Metallica?

Discussions about anything music-related.

Maiden or Metallica?

Iron Maiden
56%
Metallica
44%

Total votes: 9

josh
Absolute Otaku

Re: Maiden or Metallica?

Post by josh »

Its ludicrous to even consider comparing them, let alone to make a poll about it. Iron Maiden absolutely dominate the more mainstream Metallica (which is why they get more radio play).

Iron Maiden are the best metal band ever.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
jenilo
Rookie Otaku

Post by jenilo »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Old Metallica was good. Their new stuff is crap.

Yeah, agree with you. I would like to go with Maiden.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

Totally agreed.
But it doesn't stop me from picking Metallica over Iron Maiden.

Metallica's old stuff was outrageously pwnsome. And not just their 4 early mass-produced albums, but if you've never heard disc 2 of Garage Inc, you better well listen to it before passing judgment on Metallica as a whole. IMO, they were still able to turn out a good album after Cliff died, even if "And Justice For All" was a bit dry. Although I grew up on the black album, I can definitely hear how "mainstream" their music had turned at that point, and it was all over after that.

Iron Maiden, on the other hand... I adore the album "Killers" to death. I prefer their older stuff, too, and will definitely say they're a great group. Although, I find that overall they can't compare to the passion of Metallica's older stuff, musically or lyrically. (C'mon, don't make me link the video for "One" I'll feel so cliche if I do.)
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I haven't really heard any Iron Maiden, So I'd choose Metallica
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Dreams wrote:
Totally agreed.
But it doesn't stop me from picking Metallica over Iron Maiden.

Metallica's old stuff was outrageously pwnsome. And not just their 4 early mass-produced albums, but if you've never heard disc 2 of Garage Inc, you better well listen to it before passing judgment on Metallica as a whole. IMO, they were still able to turn out a good album after Cliff died, even if "And Justice For All" was a bit dry. Although I grew up on the black album, I can definitely hear how "mainstream" their music had turned at that point, and it was all over after that.

Iron Maiden, on the other hand... I adore the album "Killers" to death. I prefer their older stuff, too, and will definitely say they're a great group. Although, I find that overall they can't compare to the passion of Metallica's older stuff, musically or lyrically. (C'mon, don't make me link the video for "One" I'll feel so cliche if I do.)
Now let's back up just a second. If my memory serves me right, wasn't the second disc of Garage Inc all cover songs? There's no possible way cover songs can be brought into a battle of the bands. For one, neither the musical score or lyrical content is courtesy of Metallica.

I'll take Dickinson over Hetfield anyday.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

All of Garage Inc. was cover songs...Hence the title of the cd.
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

that was garage days not garage inc. they are completely different CD's
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

I own Garage Inc. So I do know what I'm talking about, give me alittle credit. Here let me show you....

Disc 1

1~ Free Speech for the Dumb: Discharge Cover
2~ It's Electric: Diamondhead
3~ Sabbra Cadabra: Black Sabbath
4~ Turn the Page: Bob Seger
5~ Die Die My Darling: The Misfits
6~ Loverman: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
7~ Mercyful Fate: King Diamond and the other bad boys from Mercyful Fate. Actually a Medley....
8~ Astronamy: Blue Oyster Cult
9~ Whiskey in the Jar~ Thin Lizzy(Ironicly enough Thin Lizzy covered it as well....)
10~ Tuesday's Gone: Lynyrd Skynard
11~The More I See: Discharge

Disc 2

1~ Helpless: Diamondhead
2~The Small Hours: Holocaust
3~ The Wait: Killing Joke
4~ Crash Course in Brain Surgery: Budgie
5~ Last Caress/Green Hell: The Misfits
6~ Am I Evil?: Diamondhead
7~ Blitzkrieg: Blitzkrieg
8~ Breadfan: Budgie
9~ The Prince: Diamondhead
10~ Stone Cold Crazy: Queen
11~ So What?: Anti-Nowhere League
12~ Killing Time: Sweet Savage
13~ Overkill: Motorhead
14~ Damage Case: Motorhead
15~ Stone Dead Forever: Motorhead
16~ Too Little Too Late: Motorhead
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

my garage inc cd's is completely different
Hinato kazuya

Post by Hinato kazuya »

I'd say that Metallica > Maiden but without second thought I'd say Megadeth > Metallica.
It takes but one man to breed a war, for those who do not have swords may still die upon them.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Lestat69_99 wrote:All of Garage Inc. was cover songs...Hence the title of the cd.
But the question is still relevant. Are we really gonna split hairs on why cover songs really shouldn't be brought into a battle of the bands?
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
MetalMaster2004
Newbie Otaku

Post by MetalMaster2004 »

Neither I love both of them. They are both great bands and some upstanding musicians. So what if you don't hear Maiden too much on the radio anymore they are still awesome. So what if Metallica have written different types of music other than their thrash stuff? That just means they are far more musically versed than everybody else and that is something that every musician should try to aspire. I thought their "load" and "reload" stuff was excellent. Before they did all this stuff after the Black Album, nobody bitched at them for covering "Tuesday's Gone."
What do you call a person without character, without integrity, without loyalty, without respect.....I call that person a pathetic waste of my time.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

Slash wrote: There's no possible way cover songs can be brought into a battle of the bands. For one, neither the musical score or lyrical content is courtesy of Metallica.
Do you still count songs that artists didn't write themselves? I mean, a large portion of the music industry does not write its own lyrics or music, but we still (unknowingly) give the artists credit for the song. (This isn't the case with Maiden or Metallica, but I'm making a point here.) Some groups do much better versions of songs than the original group. I mean, who would pick Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower" over Jimi Hendrix's cover of it? So yes, I think covers count, whether good or bad.

And speaking of bad covers, disc 1 of Garage Inc was baaaad, baby. But disc 2 was amazing. Not only did they take a handful of obscure songs and make them popular, but they turned them into some good hardcore metal.
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:that was garage days not garage inc. they are completely different CD's
Yes, Garage Inc and Garage Days Re-Revisited are two totally different CDs. Garage Inc came out in 1998, and Garage Days originally came out in 1987, I believe. The latter only has five tracks on it, all of which are included on the second disc of Garage Inc.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

Metallica. Their latest album is really awesome.
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku

Post by Baby Duck »

[censored] METALLICA, long live Maiden, But I'm giving my vote to The Sword. VOTE PROP 8 for prez!
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

They both have some really good songs but I'ld have to say that I like Iron Maiden more.
High wire escape artist