Book Collections

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Book Collections

Post by Naruko »

I read some of KA Applegate's AMA, aaaand now I've decided I want to go get all of the Animorph's books to finish my collection. Does anyone else do this, obsessively finish collections of books, even though it's expensive/eats up all the remaining room on your bookshelves?
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Re: Book Collections

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

Always.

It's not even a joke. This is very serious to me. I'm currently in the process of writing my debut novel, as I'm attempting to become a published author. I buy books every two weeks since it's important to read if you're a writer, so I buy as many young adult books as I can.

The only issue is, I refuse to buy books if I can't buy the entire series. If a book series has been dropped, I will not buy it. If the series doesn't come in hardcover, I will not buy it. If they don't all come in the same style (for example, the first two are in hardcover, but the last is a paperback), I will not buy it. If the books do not match-- as in, the covers have been redesigned partway through the series, I will not buy it.

I am very, very obsessed with keeping my bookshelf neat and orderly. If I start a series, I will finish it regardless of whether I like it or not. I absolutely hate the House of Night series, but I will buy all twelve of them because I do not quit halfway through a series. Each book costs upwards of thirteen dollars a piece, not including shipping. So I will happily p*ss away over $120 on a book series I don't even like.

So, erm, yes. I understand completely. Books are addictive.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

I hate buying hardcover. I'll do it, but I prefer softcover.

I just have a fairly serious book addiction that sounds like bullplop to anyone who doesn't understand it completely. I don't need to complete a series (well, my local library usually helps) I just need tons of books always. Books! Get on my Kindle/shelves!
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Also, good luck on your book Yami !
Trigger Happy
Master Otaku

Post by Trigger Happy »

Ooh yes!

I am happily addicted to books whether they be young adult, adult, scifi, historical romance, fantasy, horror... if it's got a good plot I'll read it. I usually get two sets (hardcover & paperback) of each book series that I'm reading or read. I used to make a habit of ignoring teachers just to read. I'd even occasionally make up stories in gym class just so I could sit out and read.
The one and only Envy Isn't Envious

Part of the original AA gang - I sure do miss the old days
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of hardcovers? ...Probably because I can't usually fit a hardcover in my jacket pocket or my purse which means less mobility. Must...have...book...
I've commented.
Master Otaku

BOOK COLLECTIONS

Post by I've commented. »

Some people like to read. Some people like hardcover books and some people like paperback books. Having a complete set or complete sets of books can be good, (Especially if you like the book series.); one reason being that you can read through the entire series. Books come in a variety of formats. Some people like to read.
Haoie
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Haoie »

I collect gamebooks.

Namely, Fighting Fantasy and Lone Wolf
"Turn on your shine and hold me near"
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

So, like choose your own adventure sort of? Wikipedia confused me.
Haoie
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Haoie »

Yeah a bit like that. CYOD was great fun as a kid too.
"Turn on your shine and hold me near"
JBrownrealtor
Baka Otaku

Post by JBrownrealtor »

One book collection do you read?
[Removed by admin for containing spam]
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Hahaha, all of them? I recently ordered Anne Rice's Sleepy Beauty trilogy off Amazon. That's supposed to be good.
Arunachalam
Visitor

Post by Arunachalam »

Hi Friend,

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for sharing the information..