Angel Links DVDs

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
Directorate Jax
Visitor

Angel Links DVDs

Post by Directorate Jax »

Hey, I'm considering buying the Angel Links DVD set but I've noticed that the 4 disc Collector's Edition is notably cheaper than the 2 disc Complete Series Set. I've never seen a collector's edition version of a DVD set sell cheaper than the generic version so I'm wondering if anyone knows what's up with this. You can see the difference if you search for "Angel Links" at Amazon.com (I'd post them but I'm not permitted).
noodles87
Ex-Moderator

re: Angel Links DVDs

Post by noodles87 »

From what I see after viewing the two is that there is only a difference in the number of discs. The pictures were of no help, since they were identical. I think you should shop around more besides Amazon. Try several other anime online retailers.
I'm a facebook whore.
Directorate Jax
Visitor

Yeah, the pictures weren't identical until just recently. Not sure what's up with that either. I've looked at several other websites but they only have the cheaper collector's edition for the most part. I suppose I'll try emailing one of the anime specialty retailers.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

If you know where to look, you could probably buy the entire series on individual DVDs for less than the collector's set. Then again, how much do you trust ebay?

Personally, I have gotten legit DVDs on ebay and I have found chinese bootlegs as well. Ebay has been cracking down on them lately.

And I've looked it up at Bandai. Angel Links was released as a 2 disc collector's set and in the 4 individual DVDs. Are you refering to the 4 individual discs as the generic versions?
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Directorate Jax
Visitor

Personally, I'm afraid to buy on eBay because there's no real way to tell if you're getting bootlegs or not without detailed close-ups and even then they might not send what was pictured...

As for Angel Links, the Collector's Edition is a four disc set. I think that it might just be a box compilation of the (four) separate release discs like the Outlaw Star Perfect Collection was. The generic version is a two disc set so it would seem that they combined the original 4 discs and put them on two instead.

What doesn't make sense, however, is why a four disc set, and a Collector's Edition at that, would be cheaper than a two disc generic compilation since collector's edition versions are generally rarer and in this case has more discs and thus would be more expensive to manufacture. I've also looked into bonus features for the discs and I can't find anything that tells what the difference in content might be either.

Obviously, I would want to buy the one with richer content which is usually the Collector's Edition obviously but in this case I'm not so sure. Perhaps the Collector's Edition is just a collector's box around the four original DVDs and the generic version is the one with the extra content they typically add after a series has been completely released, causing it to be more expensive. I don't know.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Everywhere I've looked Angel Links only comes in 2 ways. Either the 2 DVD collectors edition or you buy 4 separate DVDs. Where did you find a 4 disc collectors edition at?

If you'd rather not use Ebay then I suggest some other places.
Bestprices.com, Angel Links collectors edition for $23.19
DVDPacific.com for $21.94

And if you don't beleive me why not go straight to Bandai and see for your self.
http://www.bandai-ent.com/
or even better here.
http://www.bandai-ent.com/products/index.cfm?s=24

I don't know what the content is in the collectors edition. I bought the 4 individual DVDs when they came out.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes