Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
Rumiko Takahashi
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Hirohiko Araki
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
- orchidsbythewindow
- Ramen Slurping Otaku
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Nov 19, 2006 11:12am
- Gender: Female
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
I'n a uber big fan of takahashi-sensei. ranma 1/2 and inuyasha are my faves

-
x_Sakura_Haruno_x
- Mobile Suit Otaku
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Dec 15, 2007 1:18am
- Gender: Female
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Hasn't she been known to not finish her mangas? I don't know where I heard that from.. but like everyone i know says she never finishes her manga titles.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
But I heard somewhere that InuYasha goes until the volume 100...
Is that true? If yes, the next volume here is the last one.
Is that true? If yes, the next volume here is the last one.
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
-
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º
- Moderator

- Posts: 1752
- Joined: Jul 07, 2006 9:16am
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Actually, it's Mermaid Saga. I have the whole manga. Mermaid Saga is a horror manga and it's quite good. Mermaid Forest was just one of the volumes of the manga. It's about a guy named Yuta who is 500 years old. The story revolves around mermaids which are vicious evil creatures but if you eat their flesh you either die, turn into a monster or become immortal. I made a thread on this manga.Ritsuka wrote:yeah, it's Mermaid Foret. In japanese it's Ningyo no Mori.Lenfa wrote:I think that was called "Mermaid Forest"..... I'm not sure. But yeah, Ranma 1/2 is good. ^_^blue crow wrote:she write something abt mermaid,when u eat d mermaid u will not age or u will turn into a monster
It's a pretty anime....
I like InuYasha, Mermaid Forest and Ranma 1/2.....
Ranma 1/2 is exelent though I haven't read it all yet. The comedy and shoujo are brilliant.
Inuyasha is currently up to chapter 536 and around (not sure) somewhere between 55 and 60 volumes. It's still ongoing with a chapter being written every week.
One Pound Gospel is hilarious too and a more western styled story but I enjoyed it a lot, it's much smaller than her other works but worth reading.
Rumiko is well known genious and no, Kikyou-chan, she always finishes her mangas but the endins are always very open to speculation.
I'm a big Takahashi fan. I even have her fanmail address and I have written to her. Although she is as old as my mom, she is quite nice (at least by her letters) and seems to understand the teenage mind quite well.
Btw, I posted the fanmail adress in the Author Address stickie if anyone is interested.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Damn. How does a series like Inuyasha stay alive that long? I can understand it with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which has stayed innovative and exciting for 21 years (It's around chapter 840 or so with weekly chapter releases until chapter 775, now with a new chapter every month. It is currently 92 volumes long), but this hasn't really applied with Inuyashaº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:Inuyasha is currently up to chapter 536 and around (not sure) somewhere between 55 and 60 volumes. It's still ongoing with a chapter being written every week.
Is shorter supposed to be a bad thing?One Pound Gospel is hilarious too and a more western styled story but I enjoyed it a lot, it's much smaller than her other works but worth reading.
I wouldn't say that she's a genius. Genius in a mangaka is largely measured by innovation and creativity, which is not one of her strong points (the plot, action and characters in Inuyasha are generic beyond belief). Artists like Hirohiko Araki (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) and Eichiro Oda (One Piece) on the other hand, are amazing in that respect (as evidenced by their art styles). Even if you don't like their series, you have to applaud their creativityRumiko is well known genious
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
Pennyroyal Tea
- Moderator

- Posts: 2120
- Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
No you don't.Gyro Zeppeli wrote:I wouldn't say that she's a genius. Genius in a mangaka is largely measured by innovation and creativity, which is not one of her strong points (the plot, action and characters in Inuyasha are generic beyond belief). Artists like Hirohiko Araki (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) and Eichiro Oda (One Piece) on the other hand, are amazing in that respect (as evidenced by their art styles). Even if you don't like their series, you have to applaud their creativityRumiko is well known genious
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
-
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º
- Moderator

- Posts: 1752
- Joined: Jul 07, 2006 9:16am
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Well, I do applaud their creativity, but Rumiko is a genious whether you like her style or not. Her characters and action may be considered generic from your point of view because she was the one who developed it and spread so widely that it became a reference point.
Rumiko revolusionized manga, that's why she is one of the most respected and wealthy mangaka's ever. Though she does tend to repeat traits on her characters, yes, she is not very original in those terms.
But her comic timing is perfect. You have to admit her action scenes are original and the shoujo she writes is also great and non boring.
Of course you can't base your opinion if you watch the animes that come from her work since they don't really stick to the story and are highly edited in some points. For example, if you read the Inuyasha manga you'll realize that it's different from the anime and much, much better.
I'm not only giving my personal opion, btw. I'm simply analizing all the facts.
Eichiro Oda, which you mentioned has a tendency for exageration and his graphics may be flawed in some scenes but in terms of storyline and scene construction, he's brilliant too, but he doesn't have as many successful works as Rumiko. (Though I personally am a Eichiro fan).
Hirohiko Araki is also very good in almost every point of viem, but once again, not as popular.
All of Rumiko's works have been popular and successful.
Btw, I forgot yo mention, I also read Maison Ikokku, it's incredibly funny. One of Rumiko's soap-opera-like shoujo's though not as boring or serious as a soap. I liked it.
Rumiko revolusionized manga, that's why she is one of the most respected and wealthy mangaka's ever. Though she does tend to repeat traits on her characters, yes, she is not very original in those terms.
But her comic timing is perfect. You have to admit her action scenes are original and the shoujo she writes is also great and non boring.
Of course you can't base your opinion if you watch the animes that come from her work since they don't really stick to the story and are highly edited in some points. For example, if you read the Inuyasha manga you'll realize that it's different from the anime and much, much better.
I'm not only giving my personal opion, btw. I'm simply analizing all the facts.
Eichiro Oda, which you mentioned has a tendency for exageration and his graphics may be flawed in some scenes but in terms of storyline and scene construction, he's brilliant too, but he doesn't have as many successful works as Rumiko. (Though I personally am a Eichiro fan).
Hirohiko Araki is also very good in almost every point of viem, but once again, not as popular.
All of Rumiko's works have been popular and successful.
Btw, I forgot yo mention, I also read Maison Ikokku, it's incredibly funny. One of Rumiko's soap-opera-like shoujo's though not as boring or serious as a soap. I liked it.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
She didn't develop those types of characters at all. They existed before her. Name one such original character in Inuyashaº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:Well, I do applaud their creativity, but Rumiko is a genious whether you like her style or not. Her characters and action may be considered generic from your point of view because she was the one who developed it and spread so widely that it became a reference point.
No, Toriyama revolutionized manga.Rumiko revolusionized manga, that's why she is one of the most respected and wealthy mangaka's ever.
AgreedThough she does tend to repeat traits on her characters, yes, she is not very original in those terms.
I beg to differ. The action scenes are about as original as Bleach, and the shoujo scenes distract from the plot and are quite boring IMO.But her comic timing is perfect. You have to admit her action scenes are original and the shoujo she writes is also great and non boring.
I have read the Inuyasha manga. It was better than the anime, but I still didn't like it. I read Ranma 1/2 which was alright. Not genius, but readable nonethelessOf course you can't base your opinion if you watch the animes that come from her work since they don't really stick to the story and are highly edited in some points. For example, if you read the Inuyasha manga you'll realize that it's different from the anime and much, much better.
Eichiro Oda is a new artist, and he's still in his 20's, so naturally he hasn't done as muchEichiro Oda, which you mentioned has a tendency for exageration and his graphics may be flawed in some scenes but in terms of storyline and scene construction, he's brilliant too, but he doesn't have as many successful works as Rumiko.
It may not be as popular, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has a die-hard fanbase, so popularity isn't a good measuring factor. If popularity equated to quality, then Bleach (blehhh) would be a masterpiece. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the most original and well written series of all time. Many of the characters from the early parts of the series still remain unique (Dio Brando, Polnareff, Kira Yoshikage, etc.). The concept of Stands beginning with Part 3, is the most original combat system out there and has influenced many works.Hirohiko Araki is also very good in almost every point of viem, but once again, not as popular.
Popularity doesn't mean qualityAll of Rumiko's works have been popular and successful.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
Pennyroyal Tea
- Moderator

- Posts: 2120
- Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Quit hatin' fanboyGyro Zeppeli wrote:She didn't develop those types of characters at all. They existed before her. Name one such original character in Inuyashaº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:Well, I do applaud their creativity, but Rumiko is a genious whether you like her style or not. Her characters and action may be considered generic from your point of view because she was the one who developed it and spread so widely that it became a reference point.No, Toriyama revolutionized manga.Rumiko revolusionized manga, that's why she is one of the most respected and wealthy mangaka's ever.AgreedThough she does tend to repeat traits on her characters, yes, she is not very original in those terms.
I beg to differ. The action scenes are about as original as Bleach, and the shoujo scenes distract from the plot and are quite boring IMO.But her comic timing is perfect. You have to admit her action scenes are original and the shoujo she writes is also great and non boring.I have read the Inuyasha manga. It was better than the anime, but I still didn't like it. I read Ranma 1/2 which was alright. Not genius, but readable nonethelessOf course you can't base your opinion if you watch the animes that come from her work since they don't really stick to the story and are highly edited in some points. For example, if you read the Inuyasha manga you'll realize that it's different from the anime and much, much better.
Eichiro Oda is a new artist, and he's still in his 20's, so naturally he hasn't done as muchEichiro Oda, which you mentioned has a tendency for exageration and his graphics may be flawed in some scenes but in terms of storyline and scene construction, he's brilliant too, but he doesn't have as many successful works as Rumiko.
It may not be as popular, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has a die-hard fanbase, so popularity isn't a good measuring factor. If popularity equated to quality, then Bleach (blehhh) would be a masterpiece. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the most original and well written series of all time. Many of the characters from the early parts of the series still remain unique (Dio Brando, Polnareff, Kira Yoshikage, etc.). The concept of Stands beginning with Part 3, is the most original combat system out there and has influenced many works.Hirohiko Araki is also very good in almost every point of viem, but once again, not as popular.
Popularity doesn't mean qualityAll of Rumiko's works have been popular and successful.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
-
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 7355
- Joined: Jan 03, 2005 7:25pm
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
I believe all Mangaka's deserve respect for their works; be they wide-spread or little known - they are all great in my eyes. All mangas should be cherished, as should all books!
They are all dreamers who put their dreams and hopes into a small book - and they share it with the entire world. Even if the book may not appear spectacular, or the story is muddy or the characters iffy - they had to try incredibly hard to get where they were.
I have one of Rumiko Takashi's books; the first volume of InuYasha. I had seen the anime and I thought it was brilliant - I watched four DVD's in a row before realising it was three in the morning and I had to go to bed.
Whether you like it or not; it's hard to deny the fact - it is hard to keep something going for so long; with all the critisicm one would receive.
Rumiko has kept going - and even though the ending itself was muddy; the story cliche - the CHARACTERS won the hearts of so many.
That's what I find brilliant.
The only other Mangaka who has made me feel more strongly about their characters was Eiichiro Oda.
Rumiko is a mangaka, and as such she had a dream to write and draw for people minds and spirits. =3 I have a lot of respect for people who follow their dreams.
Please guys, stop arguing. <3
(I'm really sorry for rambling; but being a mangaka is a dream of my own =D I've read many a tankobon with the mangaka spluttering - trying to explain the pride they have for finally reaching their goal)
They are all dreamers who put their dreams and hopes into a small book - and they share it with the entire world. Even if the book may not appear spectacular, or the story is muddy or the characters iffy - they had to try incredibly hard to get where they were.
I have one of Rumiko Takashi's books; the first volume of InuYasha. I had seen the anime and I thought it was brilliant - I watched four DVD's in a row before realising it was three in the morning and I had to go to bed.
Whether you like it or not; it's hard to deny the fact - it is hard to keep something going for so long; with all the critisicm one would receive.
Rumiko has kept going - and even though the ending itself was muddy; the story cliche - the CHARACTERS won the hearts of so many.
That's what I find brilliant.
The only other Mangaka who has made me feel more strongly about their characters was Eiichiro Oda.
Rumiko is a mangaka, and as such she had a dream to write and draw for people minds and spirits. =3 I have a lot of respect for people who follow their dreams.
Please guys, stop arguing. <3
(I'm really sorry for rambling; but being a mangaka is a dream of my own =D I've read many a tankobon with the mangaka spluttering - trying to explain the pride they have for finally reaching their goal)
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
and swear to a love that will not fade.
-
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º
- Moderator

- Posts: 1752
- Joined: Jul 07, 2006 9:16am
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
I didn't mean she created the characters, I litterally meant she developed them as in she improved them. (Though improve is not the word I'm looking for, more like made them grow).Gyro Zeppeli wrote:She didn't develop those types of characters at all. They existed before her. Name one such original character in Inuyashaº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:Well, I do applaud their creativity, but Rumiko is a genious whether you like her style or not. Her characters and action may be considered generic from your point of view because she was the one who developed it and spread so widely that it became a reference point.No, Toriyama revolutionized manga.Rumiko revolusionized manga, that's why she is one of the most respected and wealthy mangaka's ever.AgreedThough she does tend to repeat traits on her characters, yes, she is not very original in those terms.
I beg to differ. The action scenes are about as original as Bleach, and the shoujo scenes distract from the plot and are quite boring IMO.But her comic timing is perfect. You have to admit her action scenes are original and the shoujo she writes is also great and non boring.I have read the Inuyasha manga. It was better than the anime, but I still didn't like it. I read Ranma 1/2 which was alright. Not genius, but readable nonethelessOf course you can't base your opinion if you watch the animes that come from her work since they don't really stick to the story and are highly edited in some points. For example, if you read the Inuyasha manga you'll realize that it's different from the anime and much, much better.
Eichiro Oda is a new artist, and he's still in his 20's, so naturally he hasn't done as muchEichiro Oda, which you mentioned has a tendency for exageration and his graphics may be flawed in some scenes but in terms of storyline and scene construction, he's brilliant too, but he doesn't have as many successful works as Rumiko.
It may not be as popular, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has a die-hard fanbase, so popularity isn't a good measuring factor. If popularity equated to quality, then Bleach (blehhh) would be a masterpiece. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the most original and well written series of all time. Many of the characters from the early parts of the series still remain unique (Dio Brando, Polnareff, Kira Yoshikage, etc.). The concept of Stands beginning with Part 3, is the most original combat system out there and has influenced many works.Hirohiko Araki is also very good in almost every point of viem, but once again, not as popular.
Popularity doesn't mean qualityAll of Rumiko's works have been popular and successful.
Yes Toriyama did revolutionaze manga but so did Takahashi in her own way even if it's not very perceptable by us westerns, she had a great effect in Japan. And by the way, Toriyama was one of her role-models along with Tezuka (wrote Asto Boy) and a few other like the creators of Mai, the Psychic Girl, for example. At least it's what is in her biography.
Bleach is a relatively recent work which uses up cliché scenes. The main focus of the story is interesting but the story it self is not very original and uses other manga ideas (including stuff from sailor moon and card captor sakura, i'm not kidding.)
But Takahashi simple repeats traits that have worked for her before in her previous work. It's not her fault that her earliest works inspired (not to say were somewhat stolen) by other authors.
Besides, everyone has their own opinion on her work depending on each others tastes, so even if you dont like it, Gyro, it doesn't mean it isn't good.
As for Ranma 1/2, you may not have liked it but at the time it was published it was considered a work of genious even if now it no longer is.
About E. Oda- Agreed.
And about Hirohiko- I totally agree too, but once again, you can't attack other authors based on your own tastes and preferences. You have to analize the facts. Thruthfully, I'm not a giant Hirihiko Araki fan but I still don't go around saying that Takahashi, or Kazuko Furumiya are better then Araki, because they aren't, they are simply different.
On your last point- Agreed, then again, it tends to plays it's part nonetheless.
So, please don't argue or flame other opinions (though that was not what you were doing, this is just a general warning for everyone).
And, Yami Haga-Ryuzaki, your are completly right. I agree. Though Í would like to point out that the manga has not ended and the anime did not have Takahashi's participation, hence some of the flaws that hugely insult the manga (in my opinion). As for the movies, she participated in the character design and gave her approval on the storylines but she disn't do anything else.
(BTW Takahashi is known in Japan as the Princess of Manga
One ast suggestion about one of her works:
One of Rumiko's first mangas (and insanely long) was Urusei Yatsura. It's pretty good if you like really insane and random comedy (and a little shoujo). But all in all it's not her best work. The anime is pretty funny, but once again, totally random.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Reason 100 why I hate Bleach: unoriginal POSº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:Bleach is a relatively recent work which uses up cliché scenes. The main focus of the story is interesting but the story it self is not very original and uses other manga ideas (including stuff from sailor moon and card captor sakura, i'm not kidding.)
Well, Ranma I can understand somewhat, but not InuyashaAs for Ranma 1/2, you may not have liked it but at the time it was published it was considered a work of genious even if now it no longer is.
You don't like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? How far are you? It really isn't fair to judge until the second half of Part 3 and Part 4, that's really when the plot picks up and it stops being a rehash of Fist of the North Star (though even Parts 1 and 2 had Dio and Joseph)And about Hirohiko- I totally agree too, but once again, you can't attack other authors based on your own tastes and preferences. You have to analize the facts. Thruthfully, I'm not a giant Hirihiko Araki fan but I still don't go around saying that Takahashi, or Kazuko Furumiya are better then Araki, because they aren't, they are simply different.
The series that tend to be popular are rarely deserving of an ounce of their hype. Naruto and Bleach come to mind. Also, another horribly underrated series that I like is Battle Angel Alita/GUNMOn your last point- Agreed, then again, it tends to plays it's part nonetheless.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º
- Moderator

- Posts: 1752
- Joined: Jul 07, 2006 9:16am
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Bleach is watchable as an anime but I agree there.Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Reason 100 why I hate Bleach: unoriginal POSº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:Bleach is a relatively recent work which uses up cliché scenes. The main focus of the story is interesting but the story it self is not very original and uses other manga ideas (including stuff from sailor moon and card captor sakura, i'm not kidding.)
Well, Ranma I can understand somewhat, but not InuyashaAs for Ranma 1/2, you may not have liked it but at the time it was published it was considered a work of genious even if now it no longer is.
You don't like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? How far are you? It really isn't fair to judge until the second half of Part 3 and Part 4, that's really when the plot picks up and it stops being a rehash of Fist of the North Star (though even Parts 1 and 2 had Dio and Joseph)And about Hirohiko- I totally agree too, but once again, you can't attack other authors based on your own tastes and preferences. You have to analize the facts. Thruthfully, I'm not a giant Hirihiko Araki fan but I still don't go around saying that Takahashi, or Kazuko Furumiya are better then Araki, because they aren't, they are simply different.
The series that tend to be popular are rarely deserving of an ounce of their hype. Naruto and Bleach come to mind. Also, another horribly underrated series that I like is Battle Angel Alita/GUNMOn your last point- Agreed, then again, it tends to plays it's part nonetheless.
Rumiko ignored the the trends and reused some of her ideas in Inuyasha. Plus the beginning was actually written before Ranma, but it was never published. After Ranma ended she began publishing "Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale", but given it's popularity she continued the series until today and if you notice the design of the characters changes quite abit through out the manga, with the first ouple of volumes still containing design traits similar to Mermaid Saga and Urusei Yatsura and then gaining more of a Ranma like design. Now it's completly different from all previous work and gained it's own personality. You can't just watch the anime or focus on that particualr part of the manga, you have read what came after that to realize all the developments and new traits she created for Inuyasha, even if she had to reduce her detail in terms of shading, for example, in the later chapters in order to have them published in time (remember she now publishes one chapter a week).
Thanks for the tips. Truth is I only just got up to part 3. I never said I didn't like it, it's just no one of my favourites so far.
And yes, I COMPLETLY agree with that point about Naruto and Bleach but you have to admit that many of the popular mangas are good, the problem is the only ones who are widely spread and have a lot of feedback in the west are the more comercial typed ones like Naruto or Sailor Moon.
OMG! Battle Angel Alita? Now there's one I like. Though truth be told it's barely know in western countries.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
Not really. Hueco Mundo arc is about to beginº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote: Bleach is watchable as an anime but I agree there.
Well the 2nd half of Part 3 (when Dio takes the spotlight), is when it really starts to pick up and get awesome (I liked it before, but I really liked Hokuto no Ken). Then Part 4 is excellent in every aspect: the story truly starts to gain complexity, the characters are excellent and are extremely well developed (Kira and Rowan especially), and the art takes a huge leap. Part 5 is a true masterpiece and improves even more from Part 4. Part 6 didn't quite live up to Part 5 , but it was still great (except for the WTF ending). And Steel Ball Run/Part 7 is just as good, if not better than Part 5 wasThanks for the tips. Truth is I only just got up to part 3. I never said I didn't like it, it's just no one of my favourites so far.
Eh, some are. I've found though that generally the more of a cult fanbase the series has, the better they turn out to beAnd yes, I COMPLETLY agree with that point about Naruto and Bleach but you have to admit that many of the popular mangas are good
People on the Naruto Forums OBD introduced it to me (the same people that got me into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)OMG! Battle Angel Alita? Now there's one I like. Though truth be told it's barely know in western countries.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º
- Moderator

- Posts: 1752
- Joined: Jul 07, 2006 9:16am
- Gender: Female
- Contact:
Re: Rumiko Takahashi
-well, everybody is entitled to an opinion.Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Not really. Hueco Mundo arc is about to beginº-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote: Bleach is watchable as an anime but I agree there.
Well the 2nd half of Part 3 (when Dio takes the spotlight), is when it really starts to pick up and get awesome (I liked it before, but I really liked Hokuto no Ken). Then Part 4 is excellent in every aspect: the story truly starts to gain complexity, the characters are excellent and are extremely well developed (Kira and Rowan especially), and the art takes a huge leap. Part 5 is a true masterpiece and improves even more from Part 4. Part 6 didn't quite live up to Part 5 , but it was still great (except for the WTF ending). And Steel Ball Run/Part 7 is just as good, if not better than Part 5 wasThanks for the tips. Truth is I only just got up to part 3. I never said I didn't like it, it's just no one of my favourites so far.
Eh, some are. I've found though that generally the more of a cult fanbase the series has, the better they turn out to beAnd yes, I COMPLETLY agree with that point about Naruto and Bleach but you have to admit that many of the popular mangas are good
People on the Naruto Forums OBD introduced it to me (the same people that got me into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)OMG! Battle Angel Alita? Now there's one I like. Though truth be told it's barely know in western countries.
-Cool, I'll be looking forward to reading all that.
-mmm...True, I guess.
-Cool, I found it thanks a old friend of mine.
But we are going way off topic now.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK
"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
