Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
User avatar
purple_flamingo
Master Otaku
Posts: 65
Joined: Jul 16, 2005 7:17am

Re: re: only for those who have read the half-blood prince

Post by purple_flamingo »

Mai wrote:
Yuki's_girl wrote:
Serenity wrote:
Mai wrote:I've read the book twice now.

Im still searching for glitches in the story that will let us know of more things about harry potter.

Does it mean that voldy is the grerat great great great grand son of Slytherine. If that is so, then how come he didnt get like anything from hogwarts.

Usually people pass down things in wills over generations. I know they got the cup and locket but wouldnt there be more to it. Beccause after all, salazar slytherine loved the dark arts.

perhaps he brought forth the horcrux idea?
but the cup wasnt even slytherin's...

and I've heard a lot of theories that R.A.B is regulus and it seems about right because the letter was addressed to "The Dark Lord" which only Death Eaters called him but for some reason...I dunno...I kinda doubt it's him...
Hmmmmmmmm, I'm not sure who it could be other than Regulus. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Wow, this is a long long quote... :)
(we all memorized the letter RAB sent to the dark lord. at least I have :mrgreen: )

-In the letter it says that fter destroying the horcrux he will most likely die.in book five, page 112 sirius points out to harry that regulus was killed 15 years ago

-15 years ago voldemort fell for the first time. that same time, or near it Regulus died as well. He not only said that, sirius said that Voldemort had killed him, not personally but regulus betrayed him.(get where im going with this)

-Could it be possible that 16 years ago regulus realized voldemort's plans to kill someone close to him. therefore destroted the horcrux in hopes it will slim his chances of returning. Volemort finds out the locaation of james potter and lilly evans (tipped off by snape)

- remeber when in the first book it said that lilly and james knew someone was coming to kill them but it was too late? perhaps regulus tipped them off so voldemort couldnt harm harry or the parents. So snape , as a last request from voldemort kills regulus?
wait but wasnt wormtail the one who told voldy where the potters were not snape, he was the one who told Volde about the prophecy but the thing about regulus sounds like it could make sence to any not normal person...well any way my aunt says that snape isnt evil and that he was only doing a play act for all the death eaters that were present when he killed dumbledore
ps yes i know im keeping up with the quotes bu its amusing
if you are a faerie male come take me away to your world of fantasy and enchanment

bikutoria-chan
User avatar
purple_flamingo
Master Otaku
Posts: 65
Joined: Jul 16, 2005 7:17am

Re: re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by purple_flamingo »

raven_296 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I'm quite sure that Harry will be going back to Hogwarts because he wants to be an Auror and you need some of your N.E.W.T level courses to do so. Wasn't Fred and George in there 7th year when they left?
harry did want to an auror but then was having second thought because it was barty crouch who said he should
if you are a faerie male come take me away to your world of fantasy and enchanment

bikutoria-chan
User avatar
animegirl008
Master Otaku
Posts: 84
Joined: Apr 27, 2005 10:47pm

re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by animegirl008 »

Spoiler
Show
It's really hard to tell for sure what harry's going to do. i don't think he really wants to work for the ministry as much anymore. not that i blame him... they've been doing such a bang up job lately.
My mind is like lightning... One brilliant flash and it's gone.
Silver Sailor Orion
Visitor

re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...

Post by Silver Sailor Orion »

I finished the book like a week ago... i go to bed thinking about it i wake up thinking about it...and yes... the ending i never saw it comming!!!

even tho my friend -who is an absolute fanatic - warned me back when the theird book came out [my personal favorite and the 6th book now 2 :wink: ] that JK rowling was only going to write 7 books b/c u only spend 7 years @ hogwarts and that well..she also warned me that what happened in the half blood prince was going to happen... but i never really believed it...!!!!!!!!!!!

GAH!! ](*,)
WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.......

ok...im done ranting now
Mai
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5580
Joined: Oct 30, 2004 6:54pm
Gender: Female

Re: re: only for those who have read the half-blood prince

Post by Mai »

purple_flamingo wrote:
Mai wrote:
Yuki's_girl wrote:
Serenity wrote: but the cup wasnt even slytherin's...

and I've heard a lot of theories that R.A.B is regulus and it seems about right because the letter was addressed to "The Dark Lord" which only Death Eaters called him but for some reason...I dunno...I kinda doubt it's him...
Hmmmmmmmm, I'm not sure who it could be other than Regulus. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Wow, this is a long long quote... :)
(we all memorized the letter RAB sent to the dark lord. at least I have :mrgreen: )

-In the letter it says that fter destroying the horcrux he will most likely die.in book five, page 112 sirius points out to harry that regulus was killed 15 years ago

-15 years ago voldemort fell for the first time. that same time, or near it Regulus died as well. He not only said that, sirius said that Voldemort had killed him, not personally but regulus betrayed him.(get where im going with this)

-Could it be possible that 16 years ago regulus realized voldemort's plans to kill someone close to him. therefore destroted the horcrux in hopes it will slim his chances of returning. Volemort finds out the locaation of james potter and lilly evans (tipped off by snape)

- remeber when in the first book it said that lilly and james knew someone was coming to kill them but it was too late? perhaps regulus tipped them off so voldemort couldnt harm harry or the parents. So snape , as a last request from voldemort kills regulus?
wait but wasnt wormtail the one who told voldy where the potters were not snape, he was the one who told Volde about the prophecy but the thing about regulus sounds like it could make sence to any not normal person...well any way my aunt says that snape isnt evil and that he was only doing a play act for all the death eaters that were present when he killed dumbledore
ps yes i know im keeping up with the quotes bu its amusing
I tohught about wormtail but do you remeber when in the 5th book and harry got into snapes pensieve that it showed wormtail was a pushover.

or that in the third book wormtail said he trol d a deatheater not voldemort.(snape perhaps?)

I dont think snape is evil, but i think that he and dumbledore had the plan for dumbledore to die and he just needs for everyone to think he was evil and did it so nothing getss shown or the breakable vow, if he didnt follow the vow then lestrange would die and he hesitated to do so.

how would it look if his nemesis died when he could prevent it?


damn, i was goiung to say something but i forgot.lmao

](*,)
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Mai
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5580
Joined: Oct 30, 2004 6:54pm
Gender: Female

Re: re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by Mai »

purple_flamingo wrote:
raven_296 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I'm quite sure that Harry will be going back to Hogwarts because he wants to be an Auror and you need some of your N.E.W.T level courses to do so. Wasn't Fred and George in there 7th year when they left?
harry did want to an auror but then was having second thought because it was barty crouch who said he should
No, he second thought it because snape said he needed and "O" on his potions owl to get it and he knew he couldnt.

that it, until snape was DADA and no longer potions where all you needed was an "E"
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
User avatar
purple_flamingo
Master Otaku
Posts: 65
Joined: Jul 16, 2005 7:17am

re: only for those who have read the half-blood prince

Post by purple_flamingo »

mai wrote:

I tohught about wormtail but do you remeber when in
the 5th book and harry got into snapes pensieve that it showed wormtail was a pushover.

or that in the third book wormtail said he trol d a deatheater not voldemort.(snape perhaps?)

I dont think snape is evil, but i think that he and dumbledore had the plan for dumbledore to die and he just needs for everyone to think he was evil and did it so nothing getss shown or the breakable vow, if he didnt follow the vow then lestrange would die and he hesitated to do so.


wiat a second why would lestange die from snape making the unbreakable vow?
if you are a faerie male come take me away to your world of fantasy and enchanment

bikutoria-chan
Sailor Venus
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2247
Joined: May 06, 2005 10:36am
Gender: Female

re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...

Post by Sailor Venus »

I'm usually a fast reader but i'm still in the process of reading this one! *reads HP again*
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ~
Kore wa futari no mirakuru na sadame
Kako mo mirai mo tobikoete oitsuite miseru
Silver Sailor Orion
Visitor

re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...

Post by Silver Sailor Orion »

UGH! ITS JUST SO........AMAZING~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
**Luvergurl**
Visitor

re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...

Post by **Luvergurl** »

I cant beleive Dumbledor dies!!!
Knight in Dark Armour
Visitor

re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...

Post by Knight in Dark Armour »

-
Mai
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5580
Joined: Oct 30, 2004 6:54pm
Gender: Female

re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by Mai »

she didnt die. if he did break it the lestrange dies.

reread that chapter.
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
marik-zeke
Visitor

re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by marik-zeke »

i read the book in 3 and 1/2 hours

i personally am I death eater and was glad when Dumbldore died...

READ THIS:
Spoiler
Show
R.A.B on the note Harry found on the fake Horcrux. The 'B' can be a Black family memember. Now MOST IMPORTANT: do you remember when Harry was cleaning out Sirius's house in book 5? He found a lock which he couldn't open. Maybe the R.A.B had already got the horcrux and that was it!!!
Mai
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5580
Joined: Oct 30, 2004 6:54pm
Gender: Female

Re: re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by Mai »

marik-zeke wrote:i read the book in 3 and 1/2 hours

i personally am I death eater and was glad when Dumbldore died...

READ THIS:
Spoiler
Show
R.A.B on the note Harry found on the fake Horcrux. The 'B' can be a Black family memember. Now MOST IMPORTANT: do you remember when Harry was cleaning out <a href='http://www.consumeralertsystem.com/cas/ ... hp?hid=252' target='_blank'>sirius</a>'s house in book 5? He found a lock which he couldn't open. Maybe the R.A.B had already got the horcrux and that was it!!!
i said so much in another HP thread but it disappeared. im glad someone finally knows whats going on othe than me, im sick of explaining everything. hell i had to get the page and paragraph for people to read and under stand. ](*,)

but im so glad your smart like me with HP!

yes! im not alone!! [-o< :mrgreen: [-o<
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
marik-zeke
Visitor

Re: re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by marik-zeke »

Mai wrote:
marik-zeke wrote:i read the book in 3 and 1/2 hours

i personally am I death eater and was glad when Dumbldore died...

READ THIS:
Spoiler
Show
R.A.B on the note Harry found on the fake Horcrux. The 'B' can be a Black family memember. Now MOST IMPORTANT: do you remember when Harry was cleaning out <a href='http://www.consumeralertsystem.com/cas/ ... hp?hid=252' target='_blank'>sirius</a>'s house in book 5? He found a lock which he couldn't open. Maybe the R.A.B had already got the horcrux and that was it!!!
i said so much in another HP thread but it disappeared. im glad someone finally knows whats going on othe than me, im sick of explaining everything. hell i had to get the page and paragraph for people to read and under stand. ](*,)

but im so glad your smart like me with HP!

yes! im not alone!! [-o< :mrgreen: [-o<
lol, glad i could be of help :P

w00t go us! =P~
GarbageCat
Visitor

re: Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

Post by GarbageCat »

Okay first off, please don’t become mean; I am entitled to my own opinion...from what I think.

Anyway, I had a really big fight with my friend, because after she finished it, she of course wanted to give me tips and hits...aka spoilers! Because she just has that little “flaw” in her personality.

So after I got tired of her cant-wait-to-discuss-the-book-with-you state...I snatched HP6 from her and read it in two days...and for the first time, in a different language (English), since it hasn’t been yet translated into Estonian and it will come out in November!

I guess no one really wants to know about this stuff, so I will get to the point.

I enjoyed the book, and my parents said I was glued to it…simple: I didn’t eat, sleep nor do anything else during the whole time. (Proves how addicted I am…)

I LOVED IT AND GASPED EVERY WORD LIKE IT WAS THE AIR THAT I BREATHE! :mrgreen:

But I wanted to mention this too: (and this is the part, which will probably make me look really…um…bad or whatever.)

I am happy that J. K. Rowling wrote in a different “style” this time…because from what I have noticed, mostly all of the books were practically the same:

*Harry spends some time at the Dursleys.
*He is cut-off from the “magical world”. (NOT ALWAYS!)
*He goes back to Hogwarts.
*And then there is everything that happens between the lessons, friends, Quidditch (sp?) slytherin´s and so on…
*Between that he figures out some things (with or without the help of Dumbledore).
*And in the middle or at the end, he will either fight Voldemort himself, or some other “really bad guy” or somebody/thing like that.
* And then comes the “something happens, something is said, but you wont find out until the next book…”
* And of course in between are hints and more things will be revealed, all scattered around…

So I was glad the 6th book, was different….

And I will never deny the fact, that She is a very wonderful and a REALLY GOOD writer, and although she has the same order of things in her book’s (with the exception of the 6th), she has what a really good author needs, to make the books so enjoyable and full of so many things, that people anxiously wait for the new ones to come out…I still admire her. And I…

…Still love Harry Potter (& the …) most of all *goes to hug her books* =P~ .

Now please don’t hurt me :cry: .

Meow!
Locked