Space Battleship Yamato

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Space Battleship Yamato

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

I'm curious to know who else has seen this Leiji Matsumoto masterpiece. I also have a question concerning this series. Is Yamato part of the Leijiverse, and does it exist in the same universe as Galaxy Express 999 and Harlock Saga? I have watched a few episodes of Harlock Saga and Space Symphony Maetel, as well as the new Harlock OVA and a single episode of Galaxy Railways, but other than that, my knowledge of the Leijiverse is limited. Anyone care to answer my question?
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Duuz
Uber Otaku

re: Space Battleship Yamato

Post by Duuz »

I have seen some of the series, but only enough to piece some of it together. You clearly know about Harlock's connection to Galaxy Express 999. Harlock does appear in the manga Space Battleship Yamato where it is shown that Harlock is Kodai's older brother. You can't get a more direct link than that.

Harlock's first ship was the Death Shadow.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

re: Space Battleship Yamato

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Wow. I did not expect a link that direct. I thought that there may have been some small innuendos that I may have missed out on, that would have had a connection to Matsumoto's other works. Kodai is Harlock's brother... THAT was unexpected...
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
kanecharles
Baka Otaku

Re: Space Battleship Yamato

Post by kanecharles »

You may be pleased to know that Yamato, Galaxy Express 999 and Harlock Saga are all part of the Leijiverse - a world created by this author. These films and series all exist in the same universe and have characters and connections to each other.