Four contests for you to enter and win!

Info about upcoming release dates, contests, or any other anime-related news.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Four contests for you to enter and win!

Post by webmaster »

Thanks to Special Ops Media, I have more DVD's to give away, so it's time for some more contests!

<b>Contest 1: Answering Machine Message</b>
Create an answering machine message made from anime audio clips. I would prefer entries encoded as MP3 files, but if you are unable to do so I will accept other common formats. The winner will receive a DVD copy of <b>Scourge of Worlds: A Dungeons and Dragons Adventure 2 Disc Special Edition Interactive Movie</b> (released by Rhino Entertainment).

<b>Contest 2: Banner Contest</b>
Create a graphic banner for Absolute Anime. The dimensions should be 468 pixels wide by 60 pixels high. The file size should be reasonable, but lets say nothing over 200KB. The winner will receive a DVD copy of <b>National Lampoon's Black Ball</b> (released by First Look Pictures).

<b>Contest 3: Button Contest</b>
Create a graphic button for Absolute Anime. The dimensions should be 88 pixels wide by 31 pixels high. The file size should be reasonable, but lets say nothing over 50KB. The winner will receive a DVD copy of <b>Spike & Mike's Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation: Caught in the Act</b> (released by Shout! Factory).

<b>Contest 4: Review Contest</b>
Write a review of Absolute Anime at Alexa (the link to write a review is near the bottom). When the contest is over I will create a poll so everyone can vote for which review they like the best (assuming there is more than one review). So trying to suck up and just say how great the site is or something like that won't help you since I won't be judging it. Be honest and write well, check your spelling, etc. I have two DVD copies of <b>National Lampoon's Black Ball</b> (released by First Look Pictures) to award the winners.

Send all entries via email with Contest in the subject. For the Review Contest, you should send a copy of the review via e-mail either before or close to when you post it on Alexa, that way I know you wrote that review. You can find my e-mail address on the Submit Feedback page. The contests will end at 11:59 PM on Tuesday, March 31, 2005.

Okay, now for the legal stuff...none of the DVD's are rated, so viewing them will be at the winners' discretion... all contest entries become the property of Absolute Anime... the DVD's are NTSC, and I believe are region 1... anyone can enter, but if I need to ship overseas then I may ask for help with the shipping charges... and I think that's everything.
Last edited by webmaster on Apr 01, 2005 12:01pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hey
Visitor

re: Three new contests!

Post by Hey »

Awesomeness!! Contests!!! Hmmm, not sure if I'll be able to submit anything, since my midterms are in 2 weeks. :cry: No, I I can't! I must! I wiiiiilll!

As god is my witness, I will never be hungr... errrr....umm....hm....... I'll try my best!
Shaun
Visitor

Post by Shaun »

Can anyone join?
Hey
Visitor

Post by Hey »

Yah dude!! Well, all the registered users...I think.
Blue-eyed Valon 2485
Visitor

Post by Blue-eyed Valon 2485 »

How can I do that?
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Anyone can enter, not just users registered on the forum. Only one week left and nobody has submitted an entry for any of the contests.

I recently got three copies of <b>National Lampoon's Black Ball</b> to give away, so I was trying to decide whether to offer them as second place prizes or to start a new contest. So I guess I'll just see how many entries I get before I decide. Any suggestions for another contest?

Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in the contests, I suppose I'll stop requesting the giveaway copies from now on. They may be free, but I still have to pay shipping to send them out.
Last edited by webmaster on Feb 22, 2005 2:06am, edited 1 time in total.
Weevil Underwood.
Visitor

Post by Weevil Underwood. »

I could try a banner from Robot wars
Mohd. Hezery Hussin
Visitor

Post by Mohd. Hezery Hussin »

Hmm... okay, I guess tonight I'll gonna start my Adobe Photoshop works for the banner contest... but I have a question, how to submit my entries for those contests...? Thank you.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: Three new contests!

Post by webmaster »

Mohd. Hezery Hussin wrote:Hmm... okay, I guess tonight I'll gonna start my Adobe Photoshop works for the banner contest... but I have a question, how to submit my entries for those contests...? Thank you.

Send it as an attachment via e-mail. You can find my email address here:
http://www.absoluteanime.com/admin/contact.htm
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Congratulations to Ender for winning the Absolute Anime Banner Contest! The winning banner can be found at http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/ender88/banner.bmp.

Once again the winner was by default since nobody else entered, so I wasn't able to let you all vote for a winner. Nobody entered the other two contests at all so now I'm going to extend the deadlines. I also added a fourth contest, which doesn't involve creating or submitting and graphics or audio, so make sure to check it out.
Last edited by webmaster on Mar 04, 2005 1:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
josh
Absolute Otaku

re: Four contests for you to enter and win!

Post by josh »

aww...the banner url cannot be found. is there any other links to the banner?

and good effort Ender!
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: Four contests for you to enter and win!

Post by webmaster »

*Emissary of Despair* wrote:aww...the banner url cannot be found. is there any other links to the banner?

and good effort Ender!

The forum software added the period for the end of the sentence to the url, which is why it wasn't working. Should be working now though.
Hey
Visitor

Post by Hey »

"webmaster, when is the deadline for contest number 3? (Contest 3: Button Contest) I wasn't able to submit anything for the banner contest. I feel ashamed..."

After reading the rules more carefully, I found the answer to my oh-so-stupid question.

PS. Ender, that was one awesome banner. congrads!
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

In case anyone isn't sure what the banner or button contests are all about, or if you just haven't been able to come up with any ideas, I went ahead and made up some banners and buttons of my own. It wasn't hard, and they didn't take very long to do at all. The only part that took any significant time was searching the net for images that would work well. So if you want, check 'em out:

http://www.AbsoluteAnime.com/admin/index.htm
Last edited by webmaster on Mar 23, 2005 9:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panda*
Ex-Moderator

Re: re: Four contests for you to enter and win!

Post by Panda* »

tnx! webmaster! :D
My head is filled with disease. My skin is begging you please.
I'm on my hands and knees. I want so much to believe.
Bambi <333
Annaxubella
Visitor

Post by Annaxubella »

I don't know, I like to join your contest but I'm no computer geneus like webmaster :cry: (I'll think about it)