Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Genshiken

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
Locked
Soupy
Visitor

Genshiken

Post by Soupy »

Er, anybody read Genshiken? They should be on volume 7 right about now (still haven't read that, though T.T), but the anime is already finished...

Anyway, I was wondering how much teh peoples liked it? Because I thought it was great... so nyeh.

For those who haven't read/seen it, tis abouts a college anime club (The Study of Modern Visual culture, actually, and in Japanese it's Gendai Shikaku Bunka Kenkyuukai if you care).. and what they do in it. The characters are actually really well drawn out, and it's kinda funny, but the style in the first book is really different than the style in the rest.

The ends?
zeeflover
Master Otaku
Posts: 65
Joined: Oct 11, 2006 12:25pm

Re: Genshiken

Post by zeeflover »

I've seen it a lot of times in book stores but I haven't really thought of buying it. What is the genre of Genshiken by the way?
Soupy
Visitor

Re: Genshiken

Post by Soupy »

Eh, I guess drama-comedy. It's a bit of a parody on Otaku culture, but not in a mocking way.
zeeflover
Master Otaku
Posts: 65
Joined: Oct 11, 2006 12:25pm

Re: Genshiken

Post by zeeflover »

^Oh. I see. Maybe I'd consider buying it. Hehe...Thanks for the info.
Chibi•Shitsuren
Newbie Otaku
Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 05, 2006 3:33pm

Re: Genshiken

Post by Chibi•Shitsuren »

Like whoah, I haven't read that in awhile, I do like it though, it's good, and odd at the same time.
Currnet favourite song: Jupiter-30 seconds to Mars

iBi
Locked