Blast from the past: pre-crash forums restored... mostly

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blast from the past: pre-crash forums restored... mostly

Post by webmaster »

MarJoh wrote: Apr 16, 2023 10:56pm There are many parts of the website that were pretty cool to talk about but this was a significant event that wiped out a huge chunk of the website.
Yep, that was a sad day indeed.
MarJoh
Newbie Otaku

Post by MarJoh »

bookmaker registration is the only thing that got me thinking about joining finance forums because I’m not sure how to think about security. Now I just want to talk about anything else.
Apocalyptic Hamster
Master Otaku

Post by Apocalyptic Hamster »

Whoa, what a nostalgia trip! Thanks for bringing back this fun piece of internet history.

I hung out here around 2006-2009, and it's so strange to think how much the internet has changed since then! I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses small independent forums like this after getting burnt out on modern social media.
Apocalyptic Hamster
Master Otaku

Post by Apocalyptic Hamster »

Looks like I asked you some questions about programming in this thread 17 years ago (!!!), when I was a college kid just starting to study computer science. I'm happy to report that I did end up (eventually) finding a software development job I'm happy with, and also got involved in some open source work on the side.

How have you been, webmaster Ken?
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

That's good to hear! I've been okay. You know, life has its ups and downs but overall can't complain. Did contract work for quite a while then decided I had enough of that a few years back and got a full time job. Also got back into retro gaming and eventually started posting those play-throughs on YouTube.