My take on Yu-Gi-Oh!

Ziffie-Rinku
Visitor

re: My take on Yu-Gi-Oh!

Post by Ziffie-Rinku »

Plus you probably think properly if your cat just died... :cry: oho I said it again...Jerry...
Mai

Re: re: My take on Yu-Gi-Oh!

Post by Mai »

♥ Yami Haga-Ryuzaki ♥ wrote:To Mai:-BEWD was a jerk at times, not too sure about shaun though..

To Ziffie:-Yeah I know it rhymes, and what did I tell you about Spamming?
(Stay on Topic)
Shaun wa sjust a dork and continued to talk about certain things i cant state without getting in trouble
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Mai

Re: My take on Yu-Gi-Oh!

Post by Mai »

Ender wrote:This has been bugging me for a really long time..why in the show does everyone settle everything by dueling? I mean seriously, why does everyone challenge somone to a duel everytime they want something that they can't get?

Example:

Some guy: "Watch it, are you stupid?"
Other guy: "What did you call me!?!? You wanna duel?"

They use the word duel as though it is going to be a tense fight. Seriously, if somone pissed me off and wanted to get into some crap...I'd take him with fists, not with prissy cards. What the hell is it with that? They pose so much when putting the card down..its ridiculous......its like: Slam the card on to the board as hard as possible to look cool and dramatic. It makes me go: "Can I really look that cool slamming a card down? Would anyone? Is it possible? "

Yugi Screams: "I play Dark Magician......In Attack Mode!!"

My response would be: No duh jackass, you didn't have to scream it..i'm not deaf. Secondly...you didn't need to yell that you were putting him in attack mode because I can see it (card and the monster). Unless the guy was trying to break my eardrum by yelling at me, I really don't see why somone would waste their breath screaming their card's name. God, why doesn't he just get into cheerleading?

Then there is that whole crap about: you challenged my honor...now we must duel...and everyone around becomes as dead silent. I want to laugh. I'll duel you to retain my dignity....wtf is that...if I was ever caught trying to duel somone to settle something, I would kill myself. The embarassment is second to none. I would stab myself with my card? Someway or the other the card will go through me.

Trash talking in Yu-Gi-Oh! is horrible. All the duelists might as well say: "Since I'm too weak to do anything...I'm going to let my little card from my pocket do all the attacking for me." Why don't you just hurl the card and hope that it gives your enemy a papercut....god..lame.

If I ever entered the yu-gi-oh world I'd kick some major ass and bully people. I'd pick on stupid little kids who think that they can settle everything by dueling. If they ever dueled me and won....and had the nerve to ask me for my best card...I'd just beat them up and take theirs. "Listen you stupid kids..if you want to settle things learn how to fight...prissy dueling skills and card collection doesn't work..."

Moral: Don't meet a guy who plays cards and can fight. Or, Make sure that he is a nerd before dueling. Stop trying to steal souls and try to run them over with a car or whatever you have. God....the series would end that much faster.

Hikaru No Go at least doesn't try to make a plot where the kid saves the world by playing Go. What a ridiculous plot...it takes itself so seriously too....I'm going to save the world by collecting cards, mommy!! Yeah? Well i'll save the world by ripping your head off. I win.
Sometimes i catch myself yelling and screaming at the computer when little gremlins run across it.

Eventually maybe i will become a cheerleader just so i can yell "Dark magician, attack!" :lol: :mrgreen:
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

Rofl, Ender, you've excelled again.
It's funny how you guys are arguing now. :lol:

BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON! OBLITERATE!!!!!

All the characters on that show are stupid. They try to dramatize everythiong so much!
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

Ziffie wrote:Plus you probably think properly if your cat just died... :cry: oho I said it again...Jerry...
That doesn't mean you can spam left and right!
You'll end up in front of the mods at this rate.
And DOM, Yeah they kinda do, but it works on me.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Ayame's Lady
Visitor

Post by Ayame's Lady »

Mai, no double posting hunny! You too Ziffie!

One thing that bugs me about the show is how they have to tell you what a card does in the most basic of ways.

example:

"I will not play the magic card Pot of Greed, which allows me to draw two cards from my deck."

They say thing in such a dramatic way, they almost sound silly doing it. Kaiba doesnt tho.
≈ Kªrdis Ω
Visitor

Re: My take on Yu-Gi-Oh!

Post by ≈ Kªrdis Ω »

Ender wrote:This has been bugging me for a really long time..why in the show does everyone settle everything by dueling? I mean seriously, why does everyone challenge somone to a duel everytime they want something that they can't get?

Example:

Some guy: "Watch it, are you stupid?"
Other guy: "What did you call me!?!? You wanna duel?"

They use the word duel as though it is going to be a tense fight. Seriously, if somone pissed me off and wanted to get into some crap...I'd take him with fists, not with prissy cards. What the hell is it with that? They pose so much when putting the card down..its ridiculous......its like: Slam the card on to the board as hard as possible to look cool and dramatic. It makes me go: "Can I really look that cool slamming a card down? Would anyone? Is it possible? "

Yugi Screams: "I play Dark Magician......In Attack Mode!!"

My response would be: No duh jackass, you didn't have to scream it..i'm not deaf. Secondly...you didn't need to yell that you were putting him in attack mode because I can see it (card and the monster). Unless the guy was trying to break my eardrum by yelling at me, I really don't see why somone would waste their breath screaming their card's name. God, why doesn't he just get into cheerleading?

Then there is that whole crap about: you challenged my honor...now we must duel...and everyone around becomes as dead silent. I want to laugh. I'll duel you to retain my dignity....wtf is that...if I was ever caught trying to duel somone to settle something, I would kill myself. The embarassment is second to none. I would stab myself with my card? Someway or the other the card will go through me.

Trash talking in Yu-Gi-Oh! is horrible. All the duelists might as well say: "Since I'm too weak to do anything...I'm going to let my little card from my pocket do all the attacking for me." Why don't you just hurl the card and hope that it gives your enemy a papercut....god..lame.

If I ever entered the yu-gi-oh world I'd kick some major ass and bully people. I'd pick on stupid little kids who think that they can settle everything by dueling. If they ever dueled me and won....and had the nerve to ask me for my best card...I'd just beat them up and take theirs. "Listen you stupid kids..if you want to settle things learn how to fight...prissy dueling skills and card collection doesn't work..."

Moral: Don't meet a guy who plays cards and can fight. Or, Make sure that he is a nerd before dueling. Stop trying to steal souls and try to run them over with a car or whatever you have. God....the series would end that much faster.

Hikaru No Go at least doesn't try to make a plot where the kid saves the world by playing Go. What a ridiculous plot...it takes itself so seriously too....I'm going to save the world by collecting cards, mommy!! Yeah? Well i'll save the world by ripping your head off. I win.
lmao. I love it! ^.^
Mai

Post by Mai »

BishieHunter wrote:Mai, no double posting hunny! You too Ziffie!

One thing that bugs me about the show is how they have to tell you what a card does in the most basic of ways.

example:

"I will not play the magic card Pot of Greed, which allows me to draw two cards from my deck."

They say thing in such a dramatic way, they almost sound silly doing it. Kaiba doesnt tho.
did you mean to say 'not' or 'now' it could be taken differently with eigther word.
Ayame's Lady
Visitor

Post by Ayame's Lady »

ahhh! I meant to say now! I made a typo! sorry!
Ender
Uber Otaku

Post by Ender »

Whichever moderator moved this, thanks a lot....I left it in pointless discussions for some reasons:

1)So that the hard-core yu-gi-oh fans don't tear my head off.

2)This was a semi-mature parody which shouldn't be exposed to little children.
Happy holidays
Angel of Music
Visitor

Post by Angel of Music »

To Disciple_of_Malice: The characters don't dramatize anything that much. Usually only if a friend is in danger. They aren't stupid, either. But that's just my opinion. I just think you haven't watched that much, like the characters start worrying and then you turn it off. And have you ever thought that the dramatization might be in the script?
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

Ender wrote:Whichever moderator moved this, thanks a lot....I left it in pointless discussions for some reasons:

1)So that the hard-core yu-gi-oh fans don't tear my head off.

2)This was a semi-mature parody which shouldn't be exposed to little children.
lol, nah I don't think any of us are that obsessed
If you want us to rip your head off (Virtual way of course), then you come to the YGO Forum and start a topic saying
"Yu-Gi-Oh! Sucks you CENSORED CENSORED"
Then we'd get mad
But luckily you didn't start a huge drama fest.
I actually find this thread funny ^^
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.