Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

The 12 commandments of Anime

Discussions about anything anime-related.
quamp
Visitor

Re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by quamp »

J_A_T wrote:The 12 commandments of Anime

6. Thou will never turn thy back on anime
7. Thou will honour/respect other animes even when thou does no favor a certain one
0. Thou shall read manga
11. Thou shall not destroy any anime material(s)
12. Anime is thy friend, not thy enemy


I wrote this a while ago so it's kind aout of date and maybe needs some touch ups but I think it's about right. I live by these.

-Jat
Say, does this also include American made animae?

<ducks to avoid incoming rotten tomatoes.>
crystal.tears
Uber Otaku
Posts: 527
Joined: Jul 18, 2005 12:07am
Gender: Female

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by crystal.tears »

quamp, this is a website for Japanese animation.
atomicpunk1987
Visitor

Re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by atomicpunk1987 »

J_A_T wrote:The 12 commandments of Anime

9. Thou shall try and watch different animes, even with subtitles (aka broaden your horizons)
[/i]
Are you trying to be funny??????
J_A_T
Visitor

Re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by J_A_T »

atomicpunk1987 wrote:
J_A_T wrote:The 12 commandments of Anime

9. Thou shall try and watch different animes, even with subtitles (aka broaden your horizons)
[/i]
Are you trying to be funny??????
Not at all. Some people are close-minded and I think it's best to try new things~
J_A_T
Visitor

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by J_A_T »

Wow, I haven't been here in forever. Multiple reasons.

But wow! A sticky, I feel so honored. I'll try to be more active from now on ^^;
Torubie
Visitor

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Torubie »

great commands i totaly agree
i'm 100% sure \:D/ =D> :D
Luis
Visitor

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Luis »

I agree with the 12 commandments! and if you cant honour/respect other animes, you can at least be polite! simply tossing around swear words and putting down an anime is stupid. If you simply must rag on an anime try to follow two guid lines: Be polite, and back up any complaints with reason! simply stating that is sucks and is gay is a waist of my oxygen. say why you dislike it and what you think could be implemented to make it better. if you can not fulfil all of the criteria, post it on your blog.

i know i'm probably being very repetitive and saying nothing new but its one of my pet peeves. seriously if you want to argue about something take a critical thinking class and learn how to actually make a good argument that will stand up to a cursory retort.
demon among angels
Visitor

Re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by demon among angels »

J_A_T wrote:The 12 commandments of Anime

1. Thou shall know what mainstreamers are
2. Thou shall not think thou knows all
3. Thou is not a anime fanatic/otaku because one focuses on a single anime
4. Thou shall realise what is anime and what is a cartoon
5. Thou will never blame anime for growing to have mentall illnesses/become a psychopath
6. Thou will never turn thy back on anime
7. Thou will honour/respect other animes even when thou does no favor a certain one
8. Thou shall be friends and make friends with other anime lovers
9. Thou shall try and watch different animes, even with subtitles (aka broaden your horizons)
10. Thou shall read manga
11. Thou shall not destroy any anime material(s)
12. Anime is thy friend, not thy enemy


I wrote this a while ago so it's kind aout of date and maybe needs some touch ups but I think it's about right. I live by these.

-Jat
good. You wrote the golden laws. Now the gods are pleased with you. Kurama, god of plants. Ranma, god/goddess of crossdressing. Kodachi, goddess of poisons... Tatewaki Kuno, god of stupidity... Koushiro Izumi, god of laptops... they are all pleased...
Reika_Hikari
Visitor

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Reika_Hikari »

Thou shalt not break thy commandments. =D>
Awesome job.


American made Anime- OXYMORON. [-(
We can try but by no means live up to its greatness.
It shall pwn us all.
Guest
Visitor

Re: re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Guest »

Reika_Hikari wrote:Thou shalt not break thy commandments. =D>
Awesome job.


American made Anime- OXYMORON. [-(
We can try but by no means live up to its greatness.
It shall pwn us all.
I heard Avatar was an american made anime, and was quite popular...
Sanakan
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 179
Joined: May 23, 2005 3:08pm
Gender: Female

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Sanakan »

*reads commandments* well said =D> thank goodness I haven't sinned! I must my sure my friends haven't either! XD

yes Avatar is quite good. I even watch it. but I agree with Reika.
We can try but by no means live up to its greatness.
Dragon x
Visitor

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Dragon x »

That's dumb you should be proud of your heritage being japenese has nothing to do with good drawing's. I you want to make anime make history and the first non japenese person to make anime.
Guest
Visitor

re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Guest »

I love these commandments and will adopt them.I vow to strictly follow them.If you truly love anime then really isn't any reason not to.
J_A_T
Visitor

Re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by J_A_T »

It's been so long, but have I been forgotten? I hope not, nor do I hope that these laws of gold and silver be forgot.

I am Jat, the Prophet of Anime, the Moses. I am Gamu, Master Otaku.

I am Poet, hear me.

Are people the same as they were one year ago..?

- Jat
User avatar
evil_neko
Newbie Otaku
Posts: 13
Joined: Feb 24, 2008 11:45am
Gender: Female

Re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by evil_neko »

Otaku's stand united under these laws =3
*Naomi*
Hallow
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3423
Joined: May 31, 2005 12:41pm
Gender: Male

Re: The 12 commandments of Anime

Post by Hallow »

Well, it's been a while since anyone saw this thread.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Locked