Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
- Whats_your_angle
- Master Otaku
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Jul 03, 2005 9:53am
- Contact:
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
Hi....In manga? Naruto---just not Shonen Jump's stuff. Kenshin....the art was alright but the ending could have been much better. 
My eyes grow hard as a smile returns
<i>No tears to wet my face </i>
Little barbs only nick the surface
<i>As I slowly breathe in and out</i>
<i>No tears to wet my face </i>
Little barbs only nick the surface
<i>As I slowly breathe in and out</i>
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
anyway back on topic, ur right about rurouni, but i like the words and pictures the artists did a rly cool job
Sora rox!!!
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
Batousai-sama for me. He's so bad @$$
Sometimes.... Kinda...
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
- Whats_your_angle
- Master Otaku
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Jul 03, 2005 9:53am
- Contact:
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
sure you don't have to ask. I like meeting new people ^^.emoguy wrote:kool. hey can i add u so we can get to no each other more
My eyes grow hard as a smile returns
<i>No tears to wet my face </i>
Little barbs only nick the surface
<i>As I slowly breathe in and out</i>
<i>No tears to wet my face </i>
Little barbs only nick the surface
<i>As I slowly breathe in and out</i>
-
Battousai The Manslayer
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4180
- Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
Both. Can't decide between them.
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
Rurouni Kenshin hands down. I liked the art and story much better, and although the ending wasn't great, at least it didn't overstay its welcome like Naruto did. Part 2 is an irredeemable piece of [censored], with terrible story writing and even worse art (the art was cookie cutter before timeskip, but after...), not to mention that the main character is Sasuke now. Kishimoto has officially given up on Naruto and so have I.
My advice to all Naruto fans: Pick up One Piece, you'll be much better off. If you don't like it at first hang in there until Alabasta, that's when it really starts to get good (and it gets better from there on). PM me if you want a site to read it
My advice to all Naruto fans: Pick up One Piece, you'll be much better off. If you don't like it at first hang in there until Alabasta, that's when it really starts to get good (and it gets better from there on). PM me if you want a site to read it
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
Battousai The Manslayer
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4180
- Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
I'll have to decline that offer. I don't like One Piece.
The story, characters, battle system, and art style irritate me.
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
I like Rurouni Kenshin more than Naruto mainly because I've seen more of it.
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
Tell me, how far into One Piece are you?Shinobu Sensui wrote:I'll have to decline that offer. I don't like One Piece.The story, characters, battle system, and art style irritate me.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
Battousai The Manslayer
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4180
- Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
I've watched up to where they are on some island where there's lots of snow and they meet that old lady who's a doctor. I stopped because I couldn't take it anymore.Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:Tell me, how far into One Piece are you?Shinobu Sensui wrote:I'll have to decline that offer. I don't like One Piece.The story, characters, battle system, and art style irritate me.
Beginning of rant:
Luffy doesn't interest me as a character and he's far too goofy for my tastes. Zoro's sword style is WTF and is just plain weird. Nami is just there and is what I call "meh." Sanji's excuse for only using his legs to fight is kinda lame. Ever heard of washing your hands? Usopp is just.......lord, someone please stick an axe in his head so that he STFU! >_<
King of the Pirates? o_O I was expecting something less cliche and childlike for an overall goal of the anime I watch.
OP has lots of very strong characters. They can blow up islands, freeze the ocean, and even control sand. However, almost every single uber character in the series gained those powers as a result of eating a devil fruit. Characters in other anime/manga work their asses off training hard to become more powerful. But not in OP. No siree, you just eat a nice fruit and now you're godly and good to go. Battles are more badass when you know the people participating have worked hard to achieve their current level of battle prowess and are giving it all they've got to win.
OP is just too weird. A number of the villains and other characters are just stupid looking and annoying for me to lay my eyes upon. Examples include Cabaji, Buggy, Pearl, all the people on Foxy's pirate crew, Franky, Crocodile, and many others.
I have a strong preference to watching/reading anime/manga with badass looking characters (Aizen without glasses, Itachi, Sensui, Hiko Seijuro, final form Freeza) as opposed to characters that look retarded and get their powers from eating fruit. -_-
End of rant.
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
Tell me, was this the dub you were watching? If so, I feel sorry for you. I'd rather be chained down and forced to read Naruto's current arc than watch 4Kids One PieceShinobu Sensui wrote:I've watched up to where they are on some island where there's lots of snow and they meet that old lady who's a doctor. I stopped because I couldn't take it anymore.
You've obviously never seen him in serious combat. Wait 'til his fight with Rob LucciLuffy doesn't interest me as a character and he's far too goofy for my tastes.
It's pretty damn cool I thinkZoro's sword style is WTF and is just plain weird.
Yeah, I agree. Nami is pretty useless until she fights KaliphaNami is just there and is what I call "meh."
I dont recall hearing him saying that in the sub or the mangaSanji's excuse for only using his legs to fight is kinda lame. Ever heard of washing your hands?
Yeah, you're watching the dub alrightUsopp is just.......lord, someone please stick an axe in his head so that he STFU! >_<
Doesn't sound much different than Naruto's goal "to be the next Hokage"King of the Pirates? o_O I was expecting something less cliche and childlike for an overall goal of the anime I watch.
Crocodile himself has stated that it takes years of practice and training to master your Devil Fruit powerOP has lots of very strong characters. They can blow up islands, freeze the ocean, and even control sand. However, almost every single uber character in the series gained those powers as a result of eating a devil fruit. Characters in other anime/manga work their asses off training hard to become more powerful. But not in OP. No siree, you just eat a nice fruit and now you're godly and good to go.
I already explained that Devil Fruit users do in fact have to work at it to become strong. Plus there are many non Devil Fruit users that are quite strong and that have worked their asses off. Look at Zoro for instance.Battles are more badass when you know the people participating have worked hard to achieve their current level of battle prowess and are giving it all they've got to win.
Yeah, some of them do look weird, but at least they're original (which is more than I can say about Naruto characters)OP is just too weird. A number of the villains and other characters are just stupid looking and annoying for me to lay my eyes upon. Examples include Cabaji, Buggy, Pearl, all the people on Foxy's pirate crew, Franky, Crocodile, and many others.
But here a a few cool looking chars from One Piece
Lucci: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/l ... ttori2.png
Mihawk:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/l ... ihawk7.png
Smoker:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Smoker.png
Ace:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/ ... aris/1.jpg
Dragon:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Dragon.png
Really? I always thought his final form was the lamest looking oneI have a strong preference to watching/reading anime/manga with badass looking characters (Aizen without glasses, Itachi, Sensui, Hiko Seijuro, final form Freeza)
I already disproved how you said they automatically get the fruit's power. And One Piece's retarded looking characters are cancelled out by the sheer badassery of the awesome onesas opposed to characters that look retarded and get their powers from eating fruit. -_-
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
Battousai The Manslayer
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4180
- Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
How exactly are the Naruto character designs unoriginal?Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:Yeah, some of them do look weird, but at least they're original (which is more than I can say about Naruto characters)
Freeza's final form is sleek and aerodynamic. It just looks cool to me. I looks like it's built to fight at high speeds.Really? I always thought his final form was the lamest looking oneI have a strong preference to watching/reading anime/manga with badass looking characters (Aizen without glasses, Itachi, Sensui, Hiko Seijuro, final form Freeza)
And yes, I did watch the dub OP on CN for some time. I watched it because IGPX happened to also be on toonami and OP aired before IGPX so I would watch it because I had nothing better to do at the time. That, and I was hoping in vain that toonami might return to the awesomeness it once was several years ago.
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
-
Gyro Zeppeli
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 1791
- Joined: Apr 07, 2005 6:35pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
With the exceptions of some of the Akatsuki members, the characters appearances I find to be quite bland and unremarkable, just your standard anime charactersShinobu Sensui wrote:How exactly are the Naruto character designs unoriginal?
I always feltt forms 2 and 3 looked the bestFreeza's final form is sleek and aerodynamic. It just looks cool to me. I looks like it's built to fight at high speeds.
No wonder you hated One Piece. 4Kids edited out all blood, alcohol, and all deaths. They gave the characters terrible voices (Zoro being the only exception), skipped entire story arcs, cutting or merging 30+ episodes, etc.And yes, I did watch the dub OP on CN for some time. I watched it because IGPX happened to also be on toonami and OP aired before IGPX so I would watch it because I had nothing better to do at the time. That, and I was hoping in vain that toonami might return to the awesomeness it once was several years ago.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
-
Battousai The Manslayer
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 4180
- Joined: Oct 03, 2005 7:47pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin
The main core of the story itself simply didn't grasp my interest, even with all the editing done by 4kids. Dunno why, it just didn't.
I might consider giving it another try but I need to know if it will be worth my time and why.
I might consider giving it another try but I need to know if it will be worth my time and why.
<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
