Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
Tiana_Lee
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 295
Joined: Jul 28, 2005 4:48pm
Gender: Female

Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Tiana_Lee »

Ok which is better, Korean manga type things or Japanese mangas? I have both and they are both good cept the Korean ones I've read have only pissed me off but are still good 8-[ lol. Well which do you think is better?
Founder of the Scheris haters club~mbs: WhiteRose,persiaisis, Final_Fantasy_Lover, yoko kaiba, Tsume's Love, Casandra Ishtar, anime_luver59,
Zabuza's One True Love,
Cassi Bakura,
Morzan
User avatar
Ethello
Uber Otaku
Posts: 543
Joined: Jul 31, 2005 10:43am

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Ethello »

Japanese mangas. :mrgreen:
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 4510
Joined: Jun 16, 2005 4:02am
Gender: Male

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

i'll say japanese.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Tiana_Lee
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 295
Joined: Jul 28, 2005 4:48pm
Gender: Female

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Tiana_Lee »

I've just got a question, have either of you even read a korean book?
Founder of the Scheris haters club~mbs: WhiteRose,persiaisis, Final_Fantasy_Lover, yoko kaiba, Tsume's Love, Casandra Ishtar, anime_luver59,
Zabuza's One True Love,
Cassi Bakura,
Morzan
Sailor Venus
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2247
Joined: May 06, 2005 10:36am
Gender: Female

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Sailor Venus »

I've never read a Korean book, but I think nothing beats Manga! Do you know a website where I could check out just a page of Korean books?
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ~
Kore wa futari no mirakuru na sadame
Kako mo mirai mo tobikoete oitsuite miseru
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 18, 2005 5:33am
Gender: Male

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by geishaboy »

Japanese ones are slightly better in story and such, but thats only because more manga is produced in Japan than Korea. Alot of manga or "Manhwa" ( 만화 )and "Manhwa check" ( 만화 책 )as its called in Korean over there is Japanese manga translated into Korean.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mar 22, 2005 8:31am

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Ive read both japanese and korean comic books,and they are both equally good to me.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Miko
Visitor

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Miko »

both are fine I guess.
Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sep 12, 2005 5:06pm
Gender: Male

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Captain Jack Sparrow »

THERE'A KOREAN MANGA?!!??!?!?!OMFG!!! :shock: :twitch: :shock: :twitch:





















Japanese fine plz :pirate: :crazy: :bounce: :mrgreen:
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) Lance-Corporal 兵長 Heichō
Cherry Darling is my awesome AA Sister :pirate:
Mew Vanilla's Personal Bodyguard :]
Bambi = My Pimp >:P Biki and Hikaru. = My Wives ;D
Zack Attack is my Puerto Rican brutha 8)
orahiko
Visitor

Re: re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by orahiko »

_Ichigo_ wrote:THERE'A KOREAN MANGA?!!??!?!?!OMFG!!! :shock: :twitch: :shock: :twitch: Ack, yes! :twitch: Well, I had the pleasure of reading Demon diary, which is excellent, and Korean. I think that there should be more produced there. Or not. That raises a question,
Which is better, to mass produce and encourage competition, which also encourages a lot of trash published, or to have a limited market?





















Japanese fine plz :pirate: :crazy: :bounce: :mrgreen:
IronChair
Visitor

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by IronChair »

I shouldn't be biased, but i am. Everyone is to a certain extent, its just whether they admit it or not.

And just for the record, Japanese Manga. :color:
orahiko
Visitor

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by orahiko »

Eh, anyone who says that they are unbiased is obviously lying. if you act upon your biases, and to the extent, that's being biased. mainly the latter is the problem. Still, the market question interests me. Any takers?
Dark*Star
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 2:04pm
Gender: Female

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Dark*Star »

JAPANESE MANGA ROCKZ

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
( :love: Яєlєasє ÿøüя innєя visiøns. Fєєl thє яain øn ÿøüя skin.™ :love: )
orahiko
Visitor

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by orahiko »

Apparently not. ](*,)
quamp
Visitor

re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by quamp »

I've only read one Korean Manga (PHD - Phantasy Degree) and seen another on DVD. Koreans, like Americans, haven't been doing manga as long as the Japanese have. They need time to catch up.

BTW, I do NOT recommend PHD. The heroine is annoying and everyone is just stupid. :P
Tiana_Lee
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 295
Joined: Jul 28, 2005 4:48pm
Gender: Female

Re: re: Korean books vs. Japanese mangas!

Post by Tiana_Lee »

quamp wrote:I've only read one Korean Manga (PHD - Phantasy Degree) and seen another on DVD. Koreans, like Americans, haven't been doing manga as long as the Japanese have. They need time to catch up.

BTW, I do NOT recommend PHD. The heroine is annoying and everyone is just stupid. :P

PhD is hecka good I don't know what you're talking about, the characters are awsome. especially the vamp and the um guy named Dev and his older bro, it's just really sad when
Spoiler
Show
Dev's older bro dies, and when the vamp dude dies with the other guys, the mummy and the werewolfe(sp?)
Founder of the Scheris haters club~mbs: WhiteRose,persiaisis, Final_Fantasy_Lover, yoko kaiba, Tsume's Love, Casandra Ishtar, anime_luver59,
Zabuza's One True Love,
Cassi Bakura,
Morzan
Locked