Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga?

Locked
Black-Harmonia
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1660
Joined: Apr 11, 2006 7:35pm
Gender: Female

do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga?

Post by Black-Harmonia »

i find myself thinking this.

evry few months or so, my mother tells me she gets an e-mail saying the new volume is in. narutally she takes me to the bookstore go purchase it. being very excited to read a sequencial volume of the story and most other things in my mind blocked out, i hyperly await our arival to the store.
once we arive, i dash over to the manga section and scour the shelvs for it. and there it is.

distinctivly with the beautiful light green shades and tones. with that horrid red tokyopop labeling on the spine. its an eyesore for me personally.


the furuba covers are so beautiful. i really dislike the red they chose for all there publishings. it clashes with it alot.

it would be nice if they changed the backround color to fid the sheme of the manga there producing, but just kepts that white logo of theirs on it.

anyone else ever thought of this?
"My name is Apollo Justice and I'm fine!"
Hibari for president 2008!
KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 14054
Joined: Feb 23, 2005 2:23pm
Gender: Female

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by KoYue »

Wow, I thought I was the only person who didn't like that. It really annoys me because their logo sticks out so much and it doesn't fit with the colors. I wish the logo was a different, more subtle color.
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
Black-Harmonia
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1660
Joined: Apr 11, 2006 7:35pm
Gender: Female

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by Black-Harmonia »

seriously. i can only think of one where the red they chose somehwat matches the cover of the manga. i dont have much tokyopop manga on my shelf, but yeah. only 1.
"My name is Apollo Justice and I'm fine!"
Hibari for president 2008!
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 4510
Joined: Jun 16, 2005 4:02am
Gender: Male

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

... smoetimes, the colour doesnt constitute for the logo. that weird bouncing head thingey is TP's logo. it could be green, and still be the logo.

at first, i thought this was a flame thread against TP. but yeah, i agree. atleast the cover art isnt disturbed. IE. the logo on [character's] face
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
naah
Visitor

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by naah »

:-k The red logo is pretty annoying but thinking about it, it's made to stand out so people know straight away it's Tokyopop. I only own two manga series, and they're both Tokyopop. I don't really notice the cover ^^
User avatar
Morphea
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 423
Joined: Mar 09, 2007 9:55am
Contact:

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by Morphea »

I never even looked at the log on the cover, but yeah, if it was blue or beige or something, it wouldn't stand out. Maybe they should change the colors of the logo to fit the manga cover. That way it's there but not in an anoying way.
I like Shaman King.
Shinogu
Visitor

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by Shinogu »

It would have been nice if VIA Media has acquired the "Fruits Basket" manga but then lots of people don't like VIZ editings and translations. Del Rey is another good option, as well. They are really good!
KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 14054
Joined: Feb 23, 2005 2:23pm
Gender: Female

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by KoYue »

Del Rey seems to be more expensive though.
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 4510
Joined: Jun 16, 2005 4:02am
Gender: Male

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

i have never heard of Del-Rey. and Viz i never seem to have a problem with (except for with voice actors) i own 2 Viz manga (FMA and Inu vols: 1) and they still have a hideous thing on the spine.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
sasuke_rocklee
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 185
Joined: Dec 17, 2006 10:02pm
Contact:

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by sasuke_rocklee »

i'm such a weirdo, but i noticed, on volume 2, the word FruitsBasket is slightly darker.
hehe, I'm weird and picky, though i never really noticed the big TokyoPop logo to be annoying (yet I noticed the slight shade difference...)

hm....
Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
My Blood Is Poison
Newbie Otaku
Posts: 13
Joined: Mar 23, 2007 11:06am

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by My Blood Is Poison »

I prefer Tokyopop to Chuang Yi, the Chuang Yi version seems incomplete, I can look up on the net IF that printing has missed anything out, no big deal. However I would prefer the Tokyopop printing over the other, at least that seems far more complete.
xFlameWolfx
Master Otaku
Posts: 72
Joined: Mar 24, 2007 7:16pm

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by xFlameWolfx »

To be honest..I've never really noticed..or cared.As long as I get to read it I don't care what the cover looks like,
<b>What lies before us and what lies beyond us is tiny compared to what lies within us. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. -- Thomas Jefferson</b>
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 11905
Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
Gender: Male

Re: do you ever wish Furuba wasnt a Tokyopop published manga

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Eh...the logo does sort of...stand out...off in the side being all "rawr". :heh:
Locked